MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

34 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I feel that i read variations of the same post every time i enter here from some members 

I know it’s not wrong but idk, it feels too much at this point

Yeah the reddit guys have made this place unreadable lol. Feels like a middle school playground at times haha

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 8:45 AM, DInky said:

Just found the perfect gif to use when Aquaman OW numbers come in.

stumbling-down-aquaman.gif

How do we get people hyped for Aquaman 2 and keep up the momentum of him not being a joke character anymore?

His last 2 appearances. Being told he f*cks fish, and falling into a puddle drunk.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

It was fun for a lot of people when the bombs were happening to Disney, but as we notice them happening to more studios, it's clear this is an industry pattern and not a Disney-only issue. A lot less people find that fun.

Honestly, I’m fine with bloated budgets being punished even if they’re scorcese and Scott films too. The streaming model/money pit is bullshit and Hollywood seems determined to learn the hard way. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Honestly, I’m fine with bloated budgets being punished even if they’re scorcese and Scott films too. The streaming model/money pit is bullshit and Hollywood seems determined to learn the hard way. 

People love (me included) saying the budgets nowadays are way too big, but I wonder what would we get if someone took the, say, top 20 yearly budgets of the last 5 years and compared the totals. Would the increase follow inflation or not?

But then again, that’s not fair because of budgets inflated by COVID, is it?

Which brings us another question; are we sure we are not just overreacting to budgets being inflated by COVID and/or by a couple of Apple movies?

I don’t know myself, just throwing scenarios out there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

People love (me included) saying the budgets nowadays are way too big, but I wonder what would we get if someone took the, say, top 20 yearly budgets of the last 5 years and compared the totals. Would the increase follow inflation or not?

But then again, that’s not fair because of budgets inflated by COVID, is it?

Which brings us another question; are we sure we are not just overreacting to budgets being inflated by COVID and/or by a couple of Apple movies?

I don’t know myself, just throwing scenarios out there.

Yes people are overreacting, I find the complaining about budgets as if they are the main problem with Hollywood odd. In Disney and DC's case, most of their flops would lose money even if the budget was cut in half, because there was just zero interest from the getgo. The key to making flops like Indiana Jones, The Marvels and Aquaman successful would just be to simply not make it. As for cases like Mission: Impossible and Fast X, we know for certain those are down to strict COVID protocols, so the complaining as if it isn't an isolated incident outside of the studio's control is again, really weird.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

No-one said they were the main problem. But they clearly aren’t helping, and when even Disney is finally admitting they’re spending too much on movies well, maybe there’s light at the end of the tunnel

I see people basically say so all the time but maybe that's just me using reddit too much lol

3 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

yeah Aquaman doesn't make $250M+ in a different time slot. OW would be around $30M and total DOM would be in the $70Ms

Assuming a 36/64 split that would be sub $200M WW

I have it at 34/66 ($85M DOM, $250M WW this is my prediction IRL with XMAS) for now, assuming the China total ends roughly half of the US total.

Edited by HummingLemon496

39 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Again:

london fight GIF by Mortal Engines Movie

I know what you're trying to say by putting the Mortal Engines gif (holidays do not guarantee good legs if the movie is bad) BUT 4.0x-ish is the floor unless it's Morbius level bad purely because this calendar placement specifically is really over-powered for legs. Basically the OW itself is deflated by Christmas eve and every day from Christmas to New Year's is a basically a weekend day. It is functionally impossible to collapse with this release date.

Also. . so what's your prediction OW DOM and WW for Aquaman 2 if it's good and if it's bad? I remember back in September you were like "going under The Flash is possible" and that looks quite likely now. 

Edited by HummingLemon496