MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

14 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Someone on Reddit predicted John Wick 4 to outgross AQM 2 domestically back in August 2022 :ohmygod:

As someone who spends a lot of time on the box office reddit I know that means nothing.  It is full of people making "crazy" predictions like that.  They make hordes of them, so when one comes true they can post a link to it saying everybody should believe them more.  This ignores they also said things like The Marvels will outgross the first one, Wish would crush Migration, Mario would bomb, and that Shazam 2 would make 800M worldwide.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Human said:

As someone who spends a lot of time on the box office reddit I know that means nothing.  It is full of people making "crazy" predictions like that.  They make hordes of them, so when one comes true they can post a link to it saying everybody should believe them more.  This ignores they also said things like The Marvels will outgross the first one, Wish would crush Migration, Mario would bomb, and that Shazam 2 would make 800M worldwide.

The great screen writer William Goldman said it best when talking about the film business in general. Nobody Knows Nothing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TestPattern said:

Is 450 or 500 million possible?

450 is highly pushing it, but it is possible.  It is incredibly unlikely, but I remember when word here was 200M was impossible.  Then it was 300M was impossible.  Then 350M was impossible.  Then 400M was impossible.  

Honestly at this stage it making 20 trillion dollars would no longer surprise me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Human said:

450 is highly pushing it, but it is possible.  It is incredibly unlikely, but I remember when word here was 200M was impossible.  Then it was 300M was impossible.  Then 350M was impossible.  Then 400M was impossible.  

Honestly at this stage it making 20 trillion dollars would no longer surprise me.

The DOM/OS split will have to be like 10/90 from now to hit 450

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Juliet said:

There was so much lost potential in this film. Even overseas. I saw it with a practically empty cinema first weekend in the UK. That split is money left on the table.

Everyone knows that DCEU is dead. Didn't help that 2023 was THE YEAR general audiences decided to just give up on superhero films, with 2 exceptions. 

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 8:41 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

Someone on Reddit predicted John Wick 4 to outgross AQM 2 domestically back in August 2022 :ohmygod:

And it’s gonna outgross it worldwide too. 

On 1/23/2024 at 7:37 AM, Mojoguy said:

Everyone knows that DCEU is dead. Didn't help that 2023 was THE YEAR general audiences decided to just give up on superhero films, with 2 exceptions. 

True but there were definent signs of it in 2022 with the MCU films underperforming.

Edited by dudalb