DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

Did the Ben Mendelsohn character shapeshift into Goose? I took the archive scene assumed when the cat shows up and watches them it is Ben Mendelsohn. but then in the ship at the end Fury asks him if he can turn into the cat and he doesnt seem to want to,

Am I just crazy?

The last bit. You’re crazy. 

It’s not Ben Mendelsohn. 

The cat showed up and my mind was "Oh shit they've been followed", and sure enough a few seconds later the Ben Mendelsohn alien shows up so that confirmed it for me... :)  guess I am a lunatic

Something I've been wondering for awhile now is, Carol has undoubtedly been all over the galaxy in the years between the events of her solo film and the snap. Do you guys think she knows who Thanos is? 

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Something I've been wondering for awhile now is, Carol has undoubtedly been all over the galaxy in the years between the events of her solo film and the snap. Do you guys think she knows who Thanos is? 

She worked with Ronan so yes guessing she will know who Thanos is...

39 minutes ago, Avatree said:

The cat showed up and my mind was "Oh shit they've been followed", and sure enough a few seconds later the Ben Mendelsohn alien shows up so that confirmed it for me... :)  guess I am a lunatic

Fury had used the pager to tell his boss (Mendelsohn) where they were.  That's why he turned up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Fury had used the pager to tell his boss (Mendelsohn) where they were.  That's why he turned up. 

I know that, I was talking bout the Alien  not the real boss🙂

I also found it  suuuupper confusing that Ben Mendelsohn played two characters... some things were hard enough to follow in this movie and having the same actor play two main roles did not help.

Edited by Avatree

A lot of things could have happened between CM and GOTG.  The video I linked earlier suggested and interesting idea.  In GOTG Quill says that a Kree girl gave him one of his scars.  Could Peter Quill be in CM2 while he's still a Ravager?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

A lot of things could have happened between CM and GOTG.  The video I linked earlier suggested and interesting idea.  In GOTG Quill says that a Kree girl gave him one of his scars.  Could Peter Quill be in CM2 while he's still a Ravager?

Interesting!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

He'd have a lot more than a dinky scar like that if Carol gave it to him. Also, please no @ that idea in general.

• Like 1

Idk if this was posted before

However, instead of Yon-Rogg actually making it back to Hala, he would have ended up somewhere else in the alternate Captain Marvel credits scene. We’ll let Fleck take it from here:

There was an idea on the table about having Jude Law […] emerge from his pod on Sakaar, and then have him look around and see the Devil’s Anus behind him and wonder, ‘Where the hell am I?'

3 minutes ago, Gamora said:

He'd have a lot more than a dinky scar like that if Carol gave it to him. Also, please no @ that idea in general.

why not? The two films have a lot of crossover.

Just now, IceFire9yt said:

Since 'Captain Marvel' is never used in the movie, I had a thought that in Endgame Rocket actually recognizes Carol from whatever adventures she's had and refers to her as 'Captain Marvel', and Carol's like 'uhg, I hate that name.' 

So I'm guessing she is called Captain Marvel because she is inspired by Mar Vell ? Is that right?

2 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

Since 'Captain Marvel' is never used in the movie, I had a thought that in Endgame Rocket actually recognizes Carol from whatever adventures she's had and refers to her as 'Captain Marvel', and Carol's like 'uhg, I hate that name.' 

I think there's a theory going around that Carol will adopt the name "Captain Marvel" in Endgame in honour of Mar-Vell and Captain America. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Would be really shocking for CM2 not to be set post-Endgame.

Edited by Thanos Legion