DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

14 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I can’t be bothered watching this. I wonder how it matches up. 

You nailed it. If the video doesn’t match it would only be because they goofed.     

Can’t wait for the Tesseract’s appearances in Black Widow and The Eternals :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

I’m pretty sure Howard Stark conceived of the idea of the new element but the technology of the time couldn’t refine it so he hide the structure of it in the scale model of the Stark Expo in the hope that one day Tony would be able to refine it. 

I don’t think it had anything to do with the Tesseract. 

Edit:Currently check IM2

Fury:”Tony, remember, I got my eye on you.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I’m pretty sure Howard Stark conceived of the idea of the new element but the technology of the time couldn’t refine it so he hide the structure of it in the scale model of the Stark Expo in the hope that one day Tony would be able to refine it. 

I don’t think it had anything to do with the Tesseract. 

Yeah that's what I remember too. A diagram of the Tesseract is in Howard Stark's notes that Tony uses for research in Iron Man 2 though. 

OK

I watched the Tesseract YouTube video, checked IM2 and Captain America. 

Unless there’s something external from IM2 I’m unaware of it’s unclear as to whether the new element has anything to do with the Tesseract. It’s called the Tesseract in CA and since Zola was captured Howard Stark would have known it as the Tesseract. His notes in IM2 have a cube like image which he calls the hypercube. Is this or is it not the Tesseract? I don’t know. 

Other then that the YouTube video is pretty much word for word my original post. 

Edit:I’m guessing it’s a link lifted from the comics but never explicitly spelled out in the MCU. 

• Like 2

”Is Barry going to be in trouble with me?”

Barry plays the security guard in Captain Marvel. He’s actually the head of security onset for all of the Marvel films. His character’s comment about there being another guy who looks after the movie theatre actually has a deeper meaning. 

• Astonished 2

18 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

OK

I watched the Tesseract YouTube video, checked IM2 and Captain America. 

Unless there’s something external from IM2 I’m unaware of it’s unclear as to whether the new element has anything to do with the Tesseract. It’s called the Tesseract in CA and since Zola was captured Howard Stark would have known it as the Tesseract. His notes in IM2 have a cube like image which he calls the hypercube. Is this or is it not the Tesseract? I don’t know. 

Other then that the YouTube video is pretty much word for word my original post. 

Edit:I’m guessing it’s a link lifted from the comics but never explicitly spelled out in the MCU. 

Howard Stark developed the theories behind the new element from his research on the Tesseract.  So it's related in that way.

It may not be called that in his notes as shown in IM2 because The Tesseract wasn't always going to be the housing for an Infinity Stone in the MCU.  It was originally intended to be a Cosmic Cube, which may explain the hypercube references.  They just decided to go with as the first of the stones and gave it an original (not from the comics) name.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

His notes in IM2 have a cube like image which he calls the hypercube. Is this or is it not the Tesseract? I don’t know.  

In maths and linguistics, it means the same thing. Both words are ancient greek, the only difference is that tesseract specifies 4 dimensions, while hypercube doesn't, which means it could be 5 or more dimensions as well.

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

You nailed it. If the video doesn’t match it would only be because they goofed.     

Can’t wait for the Tesseract’s appearances in Black Widow and The Eternals :ph34r:

This made me realize that the forward narrative of the MCU will take a 20 Month gap between Spider-Man: Far From Home and (presumely) Black Panther 2. Though I'd assume Eternals may set some stuff up for future films.

28 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Barry plays the security guard in Captain Marvel. He’s actually the head of security onset for all of the Marvel films. His character’s comment about there being another guy who looks after the movie theatre actually has a deeper meaning. 

How did you even find this little gem?

33 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I still laugh that Mark Ruffalo legit almost spoiled Infinity War's ending. It wasn't all an act.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horner said:

Howard Stark developed the theories behind the new element from his research on the Tesseract.  So it's related in that way.

It may not be called that in his notes as shown in IM2 because The Tesseract wasn't always going to be the housing for an Infinity Stone in the MCU.  It was originally intended to be a Cosmic Cube, which may explain the hypercube references.  They just decided to go with as the first of the stones and gave it an original (not from the comics) name.

Oops. I was forgetting IM2 was made before Captain America. They obviously further fleshed out how they would use the Tessaract by the time they made CA

So the new element would have come out of Tesseract research. 

6 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

Me too, just got back from second viewing and the film is better than first viewing. But please dont ever ever make Fury run again :hahaha:

They can make your face younger, but they can't do the same for your knees.

• Sad 1

Just now, Avatree said:

ya I just watched it and was very confused since I recall the tesseract being frozen with captain america under the sea until avengers in 2012

Howard found the Tesserect in the ocean years before they found Steve.  Shield was using it to make all those weapons Steve found on the Hellicarrier in Avengers.

• Like 2

Did the Ben Mendelsohn character shapeshift into Goose? I took the archive scene assumed when the cat shows up and watches them it is Ben Mendelsohn. but then in the ship at the end Fury asks him if he can turn into the cat and he doesnt seem to want to,

Am I just crazy?