FlashMaster659

Monday - CM 5.2m

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

It has now passed Sing and The Grinch (2018) on the all-time-chart.

Always kinda impressive for me that movies like this can make big successes like these animated movies look like small fries.

CM isn't acting like a film that has transcended the genre in America (WW/BP).  It's acting like a typical MCU movie which is huge OW and then solid/decent (not amazing) legs.  Isn't that fine for it?  It was never going to be received as well in North America as those other two films,  it's not in my view a great movie, it's a solid origin flick I suppose.  It's performing very well overseas so it's still going to surpass GOTG2,  Thor Ragnorak,  SMH,  and their other recent releases.  That's good for it.  No reason to be down about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Personally I'm comparing CM's run to The Hunger Games because of the similar release dates and opening weekend. The Wonder Woman comparison doesn't work. CM is doing great in North America but it was never going to get WW style legs and it never needed too. CM is doing unbelievable numbers overseas but it seems like fans had too high expectations in North America. I was never comfortable with those Black Panther comparisons. 

Hunger Games had very good late legs - starting from 4th weekend onward, it had only one drop above 40% (48% during it's 7th w-e)  until its 23rd weekend (44%).  

Considering that CM is 16M$ above HG at the same point, still grossing more on a daily basis (5,2M vs 4,5M) and that HG finished at 408M$, what do you expect CM will finish at?   I see it with a 415M$ finish myself.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, langer said:

Hunger Games had very good late legs - starting from 4th weekend onward, it had only one drop above 40% (48% during it's 7th w-e)  until its 23rd weekend (44%).  

So far it has stayed between Hunger Games and Catching Fire for each weekend and drop, it will stay there unless the late legs are awful. So between $408M and $427M.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

It's doomed to fail - this is the 2.5 term of use mentioned language...the lawsuits on this clause are just begging to be brought, since you won't know you're being reeled back or why...

2.5. MoviePass makes no guarantee on the availability to any particular theater, showtime, or title that is presented in our app. MoviePass ticket inventory may vary from specific theater ticket inventory. MoviePass reserves the right to adjust its inventory to maintain fair access and usage to its full customer base. MoviePass may utilize its proprietary data and algorithms to impose restrictions on individual users based on their location, day of movie, time of movie, title, and the individual user’s historical usage. This means that MoviePass has the right to limit the selection of movies and/or the times of available movies should your individual use adversely impact MoviePass’s system-wide capacity or the availability of the Service for other subscribers.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Wheres the Tuesday numbers :ohmygod:

Charlie not able to share DOM numbers until Friday. Rth doesn’t necessarily bother with second week weekdays of this scale, if they do drop by will probably be 7-10 hours from now.   

If you’re really desperate for an early Tuesday number, take this 

Spoiler

7.3M

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Back up from 5.19 :ohmygod:      

Also Deadline saying 40M CM weekend, seems pretty optimistic to me.

lol wth? I'd figure they project 25.

40 would be insane. US is going to be #1 for weekend and do really well.

Edited by cdsacken