That One Girl

The Dead Don't Die | June 14, 2019 | Focus Features | Jim Jarmusch zombie movie with Adam Driver, Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Chloë Sevigny, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover, Caleb Landry Jones, etc.

Focus Features will release Jim Jarmusch’s The Dead Don’t Die wide on June 14 this year.

Billed as “the greatest zombie cast ever disassembled”, The Dead Don’t Die boasts an all-star cast of Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Tilda Swinton, Chloë Sevigny, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover, Caleb Landry Jones, Rosie Perez, Iggy Pop, Sara Driver, RZA, Selena Gomez, Carol Kane and Tom Waits. Jarmusch writes and directs.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/selena-gomez-danny-glover-bill-murray-jim-jarmusch-zombie-movie-the-dead-dont-die-release-date-1202583981/

• Like 1

Hmm... the zombie movie/TV show/video game craze is long over, but this looks pretty good. I'd watch it if only for Adam Driver and Bill Murray delivering deadpan jokes. Also Tilda Swinton with a sword. The cast could certainly help this movie's box office prospects, and assuming it's low budget I'm sure it'll do fine.

Did Jarmusch really need to stoop this low... 😕

The Shay despises zombie movies* as much as Twilight vampire romances, so I am almost glad they will NEVER show such movie where I live. And I only watch movies in cinema.

PS: I've had the chance to see in cinemas Dead Man, Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai, Broken Flowers and Only Lovers Left Alive - and for some reason I adored them all.

* Only ones I've ever liked are Army of Darkness, 28 Days Later and World War Z. All other types of zombie movies are pure trash for me, maybe even Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/cannes-jim-jarmusch-zombie-movie-dead-dont-die-bill-murray-open-festival-1202592665/

Opening film for Cannes. I don't know the track record of previous openers, but I'm going to assume this is good.

Previous opening films include The Da Vinci Code, The Great Gatsby, Robin Hood and Grace of Monaco so. But at least this is included in competition for the Palme.