sfran43

Weekend Thread: weekend #s (Actuals) Dumbo $45.99M, Us $33.23M, CM $20.66M

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

No, my "obsession" is they called $60M estimates crazy now, when they themselves were there on Tuesday:)...

The thing is I agree with you. But I'm not talking about that. For the past week you were all "Deadline's so pompous, being sure of themselves when they said 'Dumbo will fly in with 65M.'" It's just a strange thing to get all weirdly obsessed over for a whole week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Have the Madea movie accumulated $1B between all of them? Think I read that. Truly nuts.

nope, the Madea movies have accumulated a gross of a little less than $600M. What you probably read was that Tyler Perry's movies (all of them) have grossed $1B in total now.

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Oh, coke is hard, no question. Hopefully they manage to get clean. 

He's only does it once or twice, but he does a lot of marijuana/lsd. I won't say he's drug-free, but the hardest he's gone is with that.

Steroids have to be one of the worst drugs. There's a few guys at my gym who are obviously not natty, and they look like they've really fucked up their bodies with that decision.

Alcohol and legal anti-depressants have destroyed more lives than weed and all the hard drugs combined.

The most lethal drugs are the ones which are legal and that make hundreds of billions a year.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

Weird that Dumbo was so frontloaded

High anticipation, previews looked great but mediocre reviews and same for WOM. I'm surprised it did even worse than my 50 million prediction but meh mediocre WOM depresses turnout.

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Alcohol and legal anti-depressants have destroyed more lives than weed and all the hard drugs combined.

The most lethal drugs are the ones which are legal and that make hundreds of billions a year.

THIS. I know someone who's trying to quit anti-depressants after taking them for a while. The withdrawal is insane. I honestly think it's harder than hard drugs. After trying a few times she's back on them. That shit is impossible to quit. Doctors didn't warn her about it. After seeing how she suffers trying to quit these demon pills, I honestly wouldn't recommend them unless really, really necessary