CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

WB would have to be crazy to make a fourth film at this point. It’s time to move on. 

I agree,but then studios have some pretty bad decisions where sequels are concerned.

But yeah, think the chances are WB will take the Potterverse in a different direction.

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

WB would have to be crazy to make a fourth film at this point. It’s time to move on. 

Oh well if this is it, I'm suitably satisfied with this last movie. Certainly has some annoying flaws which could easily have been fixed, but overall such an engaging and fun adventure movie. 

• Like 1

Damn, I'm sad that this was the weakest of the trilogy for me. It's charming enough but so much of it just...didn't make sense to me, or felt pointless. CoG even with its clear faults felt more significant and thrilling. 

After rewatching the first two and watching this:

Fantastic Beasts - 8/10

Crimes of Grindelwald - 6.5/10

Secrets of Dumbledore - 5.5/10

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

It's charming enough but so much of it just...didn't make sense to me, or felt pointless. CoG even with its clear faults felt more significant and thrilling. 

Maybe you will find it clearer on a rewatch as

Spoiler

the good guys' plan literally is to confuse the bad guy.

Either way the film admittedly does make significant events of CoG seem less... significant in hindsight. That second movie became even more mediocre in my book seeing how its main plot with Credence

Spoiler

didn't matter a whole lot in the end.

However that doesn't impact my enjoyment of SoD as a self-contained film (though as a part of a series the Credence storyline obviously felt disappointing in

Spoiler

how weak of a weapon he ended up being for Grindelwald after all the build up in CoG, but at the same time the storyline ended in an emotionally satisfying way here and connected well with the main family theme of this self-contained story. So it's a bit of a mixed bag how they dealt with Credence I'd say).

Edited by TheBigYawn

Would be an absolute shame though if we don’t get a big screen depiction of the most epic wizard duel of all time (between Grindlewald and Dumbledore). 

I kinda want them to make 1 more just for that. They need to reduce the budget, market it as the finale, hype the fuck out of the duel and it will make enough money I think. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

what is your reasoning for this, giving it is might actually lose money?

I think it will have good enough viewership on HBO MAX to justify Part 4 and this is too important brand to be sullied with cancelled movie series. 

Edited by WeThrones

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Would be an absolute shame though if we don’t get a big screen depiction of the most epic wizard duel of all time (between Grindlewald and Dumbledore). 

I kinda want them to make 1 more just for that. They need to reduce the budget, market it as the finale, hype the fuck out of the duel and it will make enough money I think. 

Gotta say, if the 4th "Beasts" movie would be exactly that, i woud be there Day 1.

1 minute ago, TheBigYawn said:

Maybe you will find it clearer on a rewatch as

Hide contents

Either way the film admittedly does make significant events of CoG seem less... significant in hindsight. That movie became even more mediocre in my book seeing how the main plot with Credence didn't matter a whole lot in the end. However that doesn't impact my enjoyment of SoD as a self-contained film (though as a part of a series the Credence storyline obviously felt disappointing in

Hide contents

Spoiler

I got that they were trying to confuse Grindelwald, but it wasn't really clear to me how exactly that worked. It seemed like Grindelwald still knew exactly what they were trying to do in the end, he just failed to stop it. I feel like with a plot like that, you need to have more clearly defined parameters for success, otherwise the script just devolves (for me) into a series of random actions. 

I was also generally disappointed by Credence in the film, as you said it makes all the focus on him in CoG seem kinda pointless. 

Well it has to be, because making 5 movies is completely impossible now. They used this movie to end stories of the original cast, in the next Dumbledore should probably be the main character even officially. Maybe they will even rebrand it and leave Fantastic Beasts title behind. 

Edited by WeThrones

32 minutes ago, Noctis said:

reliable sources are confirming there was a scene where right before Grindelwald leaves Dumbledore, he whispers something in his ears before kissing his neck

Hard to say without seeing it in context of the scene, but I suspect it simply may have disrupted the flow of the scene. That scene was gradually building in dramatic intensity until the restaurant was on fire, leaving Dumbledore all by himself. As much as I would have liked to see that deleted moment, I have a hard time picturing where it would fit. 

My advice would be use Mads and Jude, bring new writer and director and start a new series just with them. Movie or two abound them will be popular enough, but leave Newt behind. New writer and director to bring new energy, no Rowling, no Kloves, no Yates. Improve pacing, make it more exciting.

Edited by WeThrones