Eric Prime

Megalopolis l September 27, 2024 | Lionsgate | Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

I can’t help but be very intrigued by this. I just love going into a completely original sci-fi not knowing what to expect. I can tell this isn’t easy to market but I think Lionsgate (and/or FFC) did a good job with that trailer. 

• Like 1

It looks like an ugly headache. 

But I’m laughing at the tactic, it’s unhinged.

most critics who’ve seen this already, didn’t like it. But one or two critics didn’t like his previous hits, so the Megalopolis reviews must be wrong” 

Mess! 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

most critics who’ve seen this already, didn’t like it. But one or two critics didn’t like his previous hits, so the Megalopolis reviews must be wrong” 

Mess! 

Lol it is a unique tactic to say the least, tho I wouldn’t say most critics didn’t like this. It’s pretty evenly split between raves and scathes, with only a small handful in the middle of so-so. I couldn’t tell you upon release how his films last century were reviewed, tho this makes it seem they also had an uphill battle. Would love to know more about that. 

Edited by harry713

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Mess! 

Half is not "most" though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Mess! 

It certainly made me curious, weirdly enough. Curious as in, I wanna see what this mess is all about.

7 hours ago, harry713 said:

I can’t help but be very intrigued by this. I just love going into a completely original sci-fi not knowing what to expect. I can tell this isn’t easy to market but I think Lionsgate (and/or FFC) did a good job with that trailer. 

Not sure this is sci fi in the classic meaning of the word.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/lionsgate-pulls-megalopolis-trailer-offline-fake-critic-quotes-1236114337/

Lionsgate Pulls ‘Megalopolis’ Trailer Offline Due to Made-Up Critic Quotes and Issues Apology: ‘We Screwed Up’

No shit, SHerlock.

GOd, what is it with Lionsgate: They can't seem to do ANYTHNG right nowdays.

5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

It certainly made me curious, weirdly enough. Curious as in, I wanna see what this mess is all about.

Given that Coppola is one of my favorite filmakers of all time, I am interested is what he has come up with.

Even if it is a failure, it will be an interesting one.

15 minutes ago, AniNate said:

This movie's saga just gets weirder and weirder

God, it is like Apocalypse Now, where the further  down river the  Boat went, the wierder things got.

Let's hope it does not end with "The Horror...The Horror".