sfran43

The Calm Before The Storm Weekend Thread: Estimates - Curse Of LaLlorona $26.51M | Shazam $17.34M | Breakthrough 11.0M | CM $9.10M

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Friday Numbers

CoLL: $11.6mn :excited:

Shazam: $6.2mn

BT: $3.95mn

CM: $3.2mn

Little: $2.9mn

Dumbo: $2.8mn

PS: $1.87mn

ML: $1.8mn

US: $1.53mn

HB: $1.35mn

ML: $1.8mn

54 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

CoLL: $11.6mn :excited: 

12 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Shazam: $6.2mn

10 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Little: $2.9mn

5 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

US: $1.53mn

Us grossed an estimated $1.49M on Friday. Total gross stands at $167.67M.

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Edited by terrestrial
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, have the worried Shazam fans relaxed yet?:)  It's been a good week of weekdays, and it's gonna be a great weekend hold...and then a great Monday...followed by decent weekdays til Thursday...and then a rough weekend before some recovery for 2 weeks after Endgame...

Aka - it's doing just fine in its spot:)...

Doing “just fine” is okay I guess? I’m sure WB is congratulating everyone over Shazam’s participation trophy. Lol. 

• Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Iron Raf said:

Doing “just fine” is okay I guess? I’m sure WB is congratulating everyone over Shazam’s participation trophy. Lol. 

I'm sure WB is very happy with a profitable, critically acclaimed superhero film after what Justice League did.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

There are only amazing Jurassic Park/World movies.

Except for the abomination JP3. But apart from that, youll find only incredible Masterpieces in that franchise.

I find it interesting that you dislike JP3 very much but except for that Allen sequence I believe it's similar to JW2. Or do you think CGI is issue cause JP3 has worse CGI than JW2

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I find it interesting that you dislike JP3 very much but except for that Allen sequence I believe it's similar to JW2. Or do you think CGI is issue cause JP3 has worse CGI than JW2

No the issue is the Spino vs T-Rex fight which sinks the whole movie. Every character (except for Grant) beeing extremely annoying also didnt help :lol:

1 hour ago, a2k said:

hmm...even optimistically don't know how it can add much more than low-160s:

17 weekend could give it 121 this weekend.

4.5 on Mon-Thu and 7.5 FSS gives 12 for 133 cume

Then a very healthy 4x the FSS gives 133 + 4*7.5 = 163 dom

Pipedream but 420 was a pipedream for CM 2 weeks ago 

You're right though 165 or a bit under is the realistic best case scenario. Still would be 3.0 legs.

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Pipedream but 420 was a pipedream for CM 2 weeks ago 

You're right though 165 or a bit under is the realistic best case scenario. Still would be 3.0 legs.

CM always had a high variance thanks to Endgame. If a 2+B grossing movie with Shazam was coming out in mid-May we could talk about 160 😛 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Is it even possible for these low budget horror flicks to flop?

Yes. Their marketing budgets are not 1x or even 2x of production budget like a normal film. Get Out was estimated to have $80m p&a, correct me if I am wrong. US, conjuring, Annabelle movies would have been same too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

No the issue is the Spino vs T-Rex fight which sinks the whole movie. Every character (except for Grant) beeing extremely annoying also didnt help :lol:

The one thing I don't like about Jurassic movies are kids. They are annoying and are always saved at least let them get eaten by eaten by dinosaur where are the stakes :ph34r:

Captain Marvel ....the MCU flick, which earned $3.1 million on Friday (+43%)  to bring its domestic cume to a whopping $394.2 million. Counting for a presumably frontloaded weekend (Friday was Good Friday and this Sunday is Easter Sunday), we can expect a $9.1 million (+6%) weekend to push the Brie Larson flick just over the $400 million domestic milestone. We’ll have overseas updates tomorrow, but this boost means that the $150 million sci-fi prequel should have no problem topping $1.1 billion by the time it exits theaters.

Not to be outdone, Shazam! was the top holdover movie on Friday. The DC Films flick, based on a character who was initially called Captain Marvel (it’s a long story), grossed $6.155 million. That’s 3% below last Friday’s $6.347 million gross and gives the $90 million-budgeted Warner Bros./New Line flick a $110.15 million 15-day cume. Even presuming frontloading, we could be looking at a $16 million Fri-Sun frame. That would be a drop of just 35%, which would give it the smallest third-weekend drop for a live-action comic book superhero movie since Wonder Woman (-29% in 2017) and the second-lowest such drop since Blade in 1998.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/04/20/box-office-shazam-captain-marvel-avengers-endgame-wonder-woman-black-panther-dc-films-mcu/#68fa16ec1c90

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

The one thing I don't like about Jurassic movies are kids. They are annoying and are always saved at least let them get eaten by eaten by dinosaur where are the stakes :ph34r:

I believe you're looking for Jurassic World: The X Rated Cut. Nice and gory, and no single minor survives the massacre. And, spoilers:

Spoiler

the dinosaurs actually win for once!