sfran43

The Calm Before The Storm Weekend Thread: Estimates - Curse Of LaLlorona $26.51M | Shazam $17.34M | Breakthrough 11.0M | CM $9.10M

I haven't checked number this early for a while now and today ain't a normal Friday, but if Shazam really do $6.3mn, CM ain't going below 3.2 today.

Though I feel both won't do that much. 6.1 S and 3 CM (I will suggest to wait for 3-4 hours for much better estimate for all of them).

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I haven't checked number this early for a while now and today ain't a normal Friday, but if Shazam really do $6.3mn, CM ain't going below 3.2 today.

Though I feel both won't do that much. 5.8 S and 2.9 CM (I will suggest to wait for 3-4 hours for much better estimate for all of them).

Curse of La Larona gonna be around 6.25 (inc previews 9 and Breakthrough 3.5

I realized after tagging you that it was 3 hours earlier than I thought (usually on the West Coast, now on the East Coast). So yeah, makes sense nothing too firm atm. And I think Shazam 6.3 will come down on their next update, but we’ll see.

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Also: Disney, STOP with these nature documentaries, no one ever goes to see them. 

They do great sales on the home market. Plus, they raise awareness. Disney donates a portion of every ticket sold to Wildlife Conservation Network.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They do great sales on the home market. Plus, they raise awareness. Disney donates a portion of every ticket sold to Wildlife Conservation Network.

Disney doesn't give two fucks about wildlife conservation. There's gotta be a financial incentive. 

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Disney doesn't give two fucks about wildlife conservation. There's gotta be a financial incentive. 

Looking at the grosses of all their DisneyNature films since Earth made $30M+ a decade ago, probably not. Chimpanzee is the only one to approach those numbers while the rest have gone sub-$20M total.

• Like 1

Even if they don't make any money, I always appreciate Disney funding at least one nature documentary per year. I used to love watching this kind of stuff on Discovery and Nat Geo as a kid, and it's cool at least one company is keeping it alive in theaters. I also hope Disney gives Nat Geo's film division a higher platform for more of this kind of stuff.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Friday Estimates (+/-3%)

CoLL: 10.5

Shazam: 6.3

Breakthrough: 4.2

CM: 3.3

Little: 3

🐘: 2.7

Missing Link: 2.1

PS: 1.5

US: 1.3

Fantastic for CM. Friday jump is 157% and Friday is over 50% higher than last week. With 3.3M, we're looking at 8M+ weekend, very close to 400M by Sunday. 420M+ looking better by the day.

18 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Even if they don't make any money, I always appreciate Disney funding at least one nature documentary per year. I used to love watching this kind of stuff on Discovery and Nat Geo as a kid, and it's cool at least one company is keeping it alive in theaters. I also hope Disney gives Nat Geo's film division a higher platform for more of this kind of stuff.

They are making Nat Geo one of the main brands on Disney+. Seeing it up there with Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel was surprising. I think they have big plans for Nat Geo as a whole. To be quite honest, it’s what I’m most excited for on disney+

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

The only thing that can resuscitate this thread is a 2.8+ CM estimate. Save me @Charlie Jatinder-Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope.

34 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

CM: 3.3

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:   

INTENSE    

Might beat last weekend, will need Mon for 400 though.

• Astonished 2

Endgame train is fully engaged, every day from here only increase :Gaga:     

Spoiler

On a serious note, if actuals are 3.2+ you can officially put me down for the over Catching Fire club. That would be good for top 20 DOM except for Endgame passing it in like 8 days.