Brainbug

Monday numbers: Endgame 10,7M

From our padawan Asgard.

Endgame 10,7M.

This is a 76%ish drop from Sunday which is very normal for early May and in line with IW (which dropped 77%)

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Knock It Off 1

Projecting conservatively for the week:

Mon  10.7  

Tue   14.7

Wed  10.0

Thu    9.2

Fri     18.80

Sat    31.21

Sun   20.60

2nd WE:   70.6   -52%

Total after 2nd Weekend:   736.40

• Knock It Off 1

I think at this point there will be nothing good or bad about the drops for the weekdays. They will just be pretty standard. you can probably count on a normal pattern give or take one or 2%.

• Like 7

As I have done before, I've looked into the three closest theaters to me. I have five sellouts today so far in IMAX for endgame.

• Astonished 1

Another record I think that TFA will keep with ease is the third weekend at 90 million. I don't see end game coming anywhere close to that.

• Like 5
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Mon  10.7  

Tue   14.7

Wed  10.0

Thu    9.2

Fri     18.80

Sat    31.21

Sun   20.60

Tuesday is to high, the increase is more 25/30% for blockbusters and it's third weekend so bigger increase on Friday but maybe from a weaker Thursday.

7 minutes ago, Bagatelle31 said:

Tuesday is to high, the increase is more 25/30% for blockbusters and it's third weekend so bigger increase on Friday but maybe from a weaker Thursday.

I figured 35% was a normal Tuesday increase for a movie in it's 3rd weekend.  Thought about using Captain Marvel as a comp but that increased 47% on it's 3rd Tuesday.  What was A:IW's increase at this point in it's run?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Following AIW weekend drop it’s headed for $79,586,934 3rd weekend.

AIW was competing with Life of the Party in its 3rd weekend.  EG has to deal with Pikachu.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

I figured 35% was a normal Tuesday increase for a movie in it's 3rd weekend.  Thought about using Captain Marvel as a comp but that increased 47% on it's 3rd Tuesday.  What was A:IW's increase at this point in it's run?

IW's week was

Mon -77.4

Tues +28.9

Wed -33.9

Thur -2.2

I also think Baumer is right that nothing is going to be very interesting for the next few weeks in weekday numbers. Probably 1-2 percentage points either way which is just noise, nothing of statistical significance.

79M feels high for its third weekend. I'm expecting closer to 72-75M. AE has much stronger competition this upcoming weekend. IW had 2 17M openers. On the high end Pika could double that, on the low end it will still likely beat that by at least 50%.

The race to 700M could be interesting, AE and TFA should hit it on same day (day 16) but i think AE will have a higher total gross by a few million giving it the record.

Edited by RamblinRed

33 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Mon  10.7  

Tue   14.7

Wed  10.0

Thu    9.2

Fri     18.80

Sat    31.21

Sun   20.60

IW jumped just 28.9% on 2nd Tuesday. Are you projecting 37% for Endgame?

15 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

IW jumped just 28.9% on 2nd Tuesday. Are you projecting 37% for Endgame?

I'm projecting a strong Tuesday increase.  I think the little differences are all going to get us to the same place, around 45 million weekdays.

8 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

With 736-740M total after the next weekend, this is going to leg it out past 900M.

What would stink is if it's like 905 or 910. Far enough to really do nothing about SFA yet 97% of the way there.

They could release it again later to bump it past but I'm not a fan of that. Doesn't count.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think 35% is possible for an increase but the only reason why it might not be that high is because I Max is still playing pretty strongly throughout the week. So the increase in IMAX might not be as much as you needed to be to get that 35% Tuesday increase.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ZackM said:

AIW was competing with Life of the Party in its 3rd weekend.  EG has to deal with Pikachu.

I was just giving you a reference point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Another record I think that TFA will keep with ease is the third weekend at 90 million. I don't see end game coming anywhere close to that.

I think it will be 15m+ away from TFA’s 90m.

• Like 3