terrestrial

Tuesday May 7 - AEG12.518 LS1.38 Intruder1.33 Ugly708.8k BT560k LaLorona458k CM394 Shazam!294k Little193 Code Geass173

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

It has Spiderman which will help. Mind you as this point we are talking like what week 10 so the bump will be tiny. Couple million I imagine.

labor day will help too

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

if the movie is around 800 dom by next weekend (very possible) then i dont see how it doesnt at least take 100 million more

900 seems very likely but if it doesn't get close to SFA anything close to 900 sounds good to me.

• Like 1

Only good comparison is IW as that did great relative to all other Marvel May release. 1st Avengers could be another one, but that was different era considering how much market has evolved(Significantly more PLF/IMAX screens).

Infinity War - 2nd Tue - 10.7m and grossed another 206.7m. Similar run for Endgame from 12.5 would be ~ 887m finish.

Endgame has been more frontloaded than IW(obvious as it has been 30% bigger), so it should taper off towards 870m finish.

After Endgame beats Avatar Domestic and WW, there would tremendous publicity that will pull in otherwise disinterested audience. So will have great late run to 900m. That is the bull case scenario and I think it could happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone who thinks that Endgame isn't passing Avatar worldwide is just in denial. The Force Awakens dom is in question but still not impossible depending on late legs.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1

I don't know why some of you guys are clinging to some dental floss like string in that endgame can still pass the force awakens. It's done, finished, finito, it's over.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

And Avatar worldwide is also toast. I don't see any feasible way that end game does not end up as the highest grossing film worldwide. It doesn't need the domestic record to get the worldwide record.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

That is some weak-ass Tuesday increase for end game. If my calculations are right that's about 16%?

Haha harsh but yes % is low. Perhaps it will be a weaker drop today then again I guess it could continue and push the weekend down closer to 65. Guess we'll see.

DP is the one that I'm totally mystified on. Zero confidence in my 65 OW prediction.

Edited by cdsacken

With Disney's ARTEMIS FOWL ditching Aug 2019 for May 2020, Paramount's DORA THE EXPLORER vacates July 31 and swipes Aug. 9, 2019--where there are now 5 wide releases scheduled, and just 5 days before ANGRY BIRDS 2 drops. August: vexing Hollywood studios since the dawn of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJsooner said:

Tell me something Titanic, how does it feel to know Endgame slaughtered Titanic at the box office?

saying a film that came out 20 years after Titanic, slaughtered it, it's pretty funny.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Don't get me wrong, end game still has incredibly strong IMAX sales every day of the week so I guess the Tuesday increase was bound to be softer than expected. I just thought softer would be low 20% instead of mid-teens.

• Like 2

Infinity War - 2nd Tue - 10.7m and 3rd weekend 62.08m. Similar projection from Endgame’s 12.5m would be 72.7m. But IW faced life of the party and break in which combined to ~35m. This weekend openers would be double that number plus Pikachu is taking day time PLF shows in several markets which will impact sat/sunday. So around 70m 3rd weekend.

• Like 1

The 3 hour runtime has got to work against the movie to some extent. On other MCU movies, I might see it and think "whoa my nephew would love that!", so I go again and take him along. No worries for a 130min movie, but I'm not going to make a 6 year old sit through 180mins! So that's two tickets which go unsold for Endgame.

Whether that might be a common trend, or whether I'm just a really wicked uncle, I'm not sure. 🤨

Also, a 3 hour movie on a weekday evening has got to be less appealing to casual moviegoers, no? Do 3 hour movies generally play the same as 2 hours? 🤔

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't know why some of you guys are clinging to some dental floss like string in that endgame can still pass the force awakens. It's done, finished, finito, it's over.

Lol let them dream man.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

saying a film that came out 20 years after Titanic, slaughtered it, it's pretty funny.

Not to forget EG also passed the unadjusted gross of GWTW by hundreds of millions.