sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

it's a sublime, out of body experience of a movie.  it transcends the art form.

It does accurately recreate the sensation of being stuck in purgatory.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Huh?  Age of Extinction is one of his good ones.

WRONG

Transformers 1

Bumblebee

The Sweet Release of Death

Transformers 3

Transformers 4

Transformers 5

Transformers 2

13 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

The Digimon anime will always be better than the Pokemon anime. In Digimon, stuff actually happened and characters actually developed.

Pokemon was cute. Digimon was better overall imo

• Like 1

I’m actually a Transformers apologist... but Age of Extinction is not a “good” movie. Parts are tolerable, it’s ok. It’s not good by any means. I think the good ones are the first, Dark of the Moon, and Bumblebee. The second Transformers is a guilty pleasure for some reason but it’s a completely terrible movie, especially the plot, which must have been written on acid on the back of cocktail napkins. Sam literally goes to “robot heaven” at one point and you couldn’t find a more idiotic and convoluted plot than that thing. A good soundtrack, some cool action, and Transformers make it more fun than it should be but only if you can laugh at how stupid it really is.

Just now, AJG said:

WRONG

Transformers 1

Bumblebee

Transformers 3

Transformers 4

Transformers 5

Transformers 2

Fuck you I'm not ranking

But all of the hate directed towards Age of Extinction in this thread deserves to go to Dark of the Moon, which has a total of 2 good minutes and the other 150 minutes are complete suffering

1 minute ago, maxalcamo said:

A movie about the pokemon just disappointed and someone wants a movie about the whogimon. 

“Yeah, the Avengers could never be as popular as the Xmen. It’s just impossible”.

- most people in 2010

Digimon has the potential to be gigantic. Some people here are thinking too small.

Well I don't have to read every single page of this thread to know that there are typical meltdowns because endgame won't have amazing legs. It's going to end up as the top grossing film in the history of film and it's going to end up being second 2 Star Wars on the domestic front. Who gives a shit if it has good legs or not. The movie grossed so much in the first 10 days or so that it really doesn't matter what the legs are. It was inevitable that the legs on this would be stunted because there was an unprecedented Rush factor to see this movie. I'm sorry to sound preachy but some of you guys just really need to give your head to shake.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

WRONG

Transformers 1

Bumblebee

Transformers 3

Transformers 4

Transformers 5

Transformers 2

Ahh, Transformers 3 is not THAT bad. It's worth the price of admission for the last hour alone. That shit is epic as epic as can come. Even if the 1st two thirds of the film are torture. TF1 is good for what it is. Haven't seen Bumblebee and I agree that the rest all suck, though 4 sucks worse than 5.

7 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Pokemon was cute. Digimon was better overall imo

Correct take is correct. Pokémon wins in the game department, but Digimon is wayyyyyyyyy better anime-wise, and this is coming from someone who likes the Pokémon anime too. Digimon Tamers (aka season 3) in particular is amazing, albeit a bit fucked up for a kids anime. It goes full Serial Experiments Lain more than a few times, which makes sense given how the showrunner is the same for the two shows, but.... damn. Season 3 had some scary stuff in it.

And to anyone who doesn't think a Digimon movie could be successful just because Detective Pikachu isn't hitting a billion dollars (why the fuck is this argument that it's not a success a thing, though? 450-500M WW for a video game movie is pretty great), that's idiotic. The two have totally different stories, even if the foundations are similar.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Age of Extinction and Last Knight are absolute messes of movies but I still love their utter stupidity. Transformers is at its best when it's big, loud and really dumb.

And when Megan Fox was still both Hot and Sane.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Fuck you I'm not ranking

But all of the hate directed towards Age of Extinction in this thread deserves to go to Dark of the Moon, which has a total of 2 good minutes and the other 150 minutes are complete suffering

Haha I love Dark of the Moon! Way better than AOE and it’s stupid dinosaur Transformers and China pandering lol. 

I have to agree that to enjoy Transformers, you need to be able to appreciate the really dumb nature of the entire thing. I will defend the first movie as a great blockbuster, though. If you don’t like Transformers the first one, it’s likely we won’t have anything in common with movie tastes and you’ll start recommending “human interest drama about the ‘human condition’” to me and I’ll just have to tune that out since I realize “fun” isn’t part of your criteria for film reviewing.

Just now, JonathanLB said:

Haha I love Dark of the Moon! Way better than AOE and it’s stupid dinosaur Transformers and China pandering lol. 

I have to agree that to enjoy Transformers, you need to be able to appreciate the really dumb nature of the entire thing. I will defend the first movie as a great blockbuster, though. If you don’t like Transformers the first one, it’s likely we won’t have anything in common with movie tastes and you’ll start recommending “human interest drama about the ‘human condition’” to me and I’ll just have to tune that out since I realize “fun” isn’t part of your criteria for film reviewing.

Please don't quote me with your film opinions ever again

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

“Yeah, the Avengers could never be as popular as the Xmen. It’s just impossible”.

- most people in 2010

Digimon has the potential to be gigantic. Some people here are thinking too small.

Both have potential but Pokemon is Star Wars, Digimon is star trek. If even star wars will do 400M on a 150M budget who will produce a star trek movie?.