charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (5/30) Numbers

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Looking at mimiron. Fri to fri drop looks bad for Endgame at usual locations. Looking at 58% drop for Japan. it should recover over the weekend as saturday is discount ticket day. But at this point it can stop its run and already its amazing number.

58% is actually better than IW. Last year it dropped 61% when the overall weekend was -21.5%.

1 hour ago, RamblinRed said:

If AE follows IW's percentages from last year is would translate to about an $9.2M weekend.

Thu - 1.2377

Fri - 2.48

Sat -3.968

Sun - 2.794

But with more competition and a larger screen loss count $9M is probably a good target to aim for.

Not really. Screen lost and competition may dent Friday bump, but allow for bigger Sat bump. They balance out.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I had asked the source to not send me anything but he did anyways, everything dropped over 11% except EG & Pika. Aladdin 6.4.

So, a good day for only 2 movies, the 2 that took a bigger screen drop than JW3...it will be interesting if JW3 "catches up" next weekend...

PS - 14-15% day-to-day drop for Aladdin...

Edited by TwoMisfits

I think 9 is about the max you could reasonably expect for AE. 

I don't expect it to hold as well as IW - which would translate to about 9 depending upon what the Thursday drop is (IW's was 3.9%).

But losing 705 theaters compared to 234 for IW is going to hurt as well. It will be in fewer theaters than IW for the first time in its run. Also, other than the MD Holiday weekend it has never dropped less than 50%.

I'm curious to see how Aladdin holds this weekend. It's pretty typical for MD openers to drop 60%+ the following week. Can Aladdin drop less than that?

I also feel like with 3 movies opening pretty wide and a stronger than typical MD holdover that at least 1 newcomer will likely underperform due to all the competition for screens - which one will it be?

Edited by RamblinRed
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I had asked the source to not send me anything but he did anyways, everything dropped over 11% except EG & Pika. Aladdin 6.4.

Thanks man! 

Thats a good number for Aladdin from the reality perspective. 3 films with decent screen counts had previews last night which have cut into everything. Should definitely lower the 50m expectations from some people. 

4 minutes ago, a2k said:

ALADDIN

11.84 (+85%)

18.35 (+55%)

13.76 (-25%)

= 43.95 (-52%)

Very reasonable expectation if it manages that large on Friday. Seems perfect for a film that wouldnt make a typical drop from MD. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Very reasonable expectation if it manages that large on Friday. Seems perfect for a film that wouldnt make a typical drop from MD. 

If it jumps to 11 on Fri with 72% bump, then +55% Sat and -25% Sun gives it 41 2nd weekend (-55%).

40-45 seems like a fair low-high range.

• Like 1