charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (5/30) Numbers

Charlie you kick ass. 

Optimistic EG prediction

1.25 Thursday

2.8125 Friday (125%)

4.21875 Sat (50%)

3.16404 Sun (-25%)

Just under 10.2m. 40.7% drop from last 3day weekend.

Doubt it goes much higher (maybe 1m more, could be 1 less) 9.2-11.2m weekend

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Clearly I missed something with Frozen, I mean I can only assume it's just because I'm older, or maybe it was more chick-centered love, because I love most Pixar movies, Wreck it Ralph, etc. but man that movie was so mediocre. I think it's a compliment to call it mediocre, frankly, I'm not sure it was that good. 

I am SHOCKED to read this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Well as someone who doesn't care for Pixar all that much I loved Frozen. I thought it was the best animated movie I've seen in maybe a decade. And my nieces loved it and they ended up seeing it something like 6 times at the theater. I took them twice the parents took them twice and their aunt I believe took them twice as well. So when you have kids that love something that much it's going to get a lot of repeat value.

• Like 9

Just now, baumer said:

Well as someone who doesn't care for Pixar all that much I loved Frozen. I thought it was the best animated movie I've seen in maybe a decade. And my nieces loved it and they ended up seeing it something like 6 times at the theater. I took them twice the parents took them twice and their aunt I believe took them twice as well. So when you have kids that love something that much it's going to get a lot of repeat value.

Frozen isnt pixar.. its walt disney animation..small correction^^

TTVOMJ

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Charlie you kick ass. 

Optimistic EG prediction

1.25 Thursday

2.8125 Friday (125%)

4.21875 Sat (50%)

3.16404 Sun (-25%)

Just under 10.2m. 40.7% drop from last 3day weekend.

Doubt it goes much higher (maybe 1m more, could be 1 less) 9.2-11.2m weekend

You were not kidding when you said optimistic. With Godzilla previews on Thursday night I can't imagine that day being more than $1.2 million for Endgame, could even get to $1.1 million.

And I also think because of the influx of new releases (three wide) you'll a smaller increase on Friday but maybe a bigger bump on Saturday. I think $8-9 million is much more realistic for the weekend. And look at it this way, if it does beat that then you can say it overperformed. That $10 million is a very hard ask. Would not be shocked even by it falling just short of $8 million this weekend because keep in mind this is post-Memorial Day weekend and we had an inflated Sunday. Without that the actual weekend would have been more like $15 million. I think next week is when we're getting a better hold, under 50%. This will probably be just slightly over 50%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Frozen isnt pixar.. its walt disney animation..small correction^^

TTVOMJ

Thank you. I had no idea. 

you're relatively new here so it's understandable that you didn't read my post correctly. most people here know that I cannot stand most Pixar movies. So what I was getting at in my post is that as someone who doesn't like Pixar, I lovees Frozen, meaning that because it wasn't a Pixar movie I enjoyed it much more.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Thank you. I had no idea. 

you're relatively new here so it's understandable that you didn't read my post correctly. most people here know that I cannot stand most Pixar movies. So what I was getting at in my post is that as someone who doesn't like Pixar, I lovees Frozen, meaning that because it wasn't a Pixar movie I enjoyed it much more.

Did you like finding nemo and inside out? Just to check if i can get a glimpse in your state of mind, altho in this irrelevant and brief manner.. no conclusions:)

TTVOMJ

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Actuals

Aladdin $7.45mn

JW 3 $2.2m 

EG $1.3mn

This is last daily update till June 10th.

Tuesday-to-Wednesday projected drops/Week-over-week drops (if these hold)...

Aladdin - 38% drop/NA

JW3 - 31% drop/47% drop

EG - 30% drop/ 35% drop

• Like 2

So Rambo The Last Blood is a thing coming in September. Yeah no sorry. I am not into watching 70 year old men hobble around and trying to act they are still in their 40s something.

Ditto to Indiana Jones 5

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

28 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Did you like finding nemo and inside out? Just to check if i can get a glimpse in your state of mind, altho in this irrelevant and brief manner.. no conclusions:)

TTVOMJ

Finding Nemo? Nope (FTSBF)

Inside Out is one of the few Pixie films I enjoyed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, baumer said:

this is why I doubt frozen 2 can beat the first one. it's not something that became a huge sensation after it left cinemas. the first film reaped the benefits of Frozen Fever, i dont see the sequel reaching that high.

10 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

So Rambo The Last Blood is a thing coming in September. Yeah no sorry. I am not into watching 70 year old men hobble around and trying to act they are still in their 40s something.

Ditto to Indiana Jones 5

Clearly you've not seen Sly in...well anything the last 5ish years. 

He's in better shape than action man Tom Cruise who is in his 50s.

Your loss but I'm stoked for Rambo: Last Blood and I'll be there for Indy 5.

• Like 2