charlie Jatinder

Tuesday (6/18) Numbers

36 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Endgame is actually 6% higher than last week in the locations it is playing.

Endgame having its own endgame. 

Last week, someone compared EG to finish like Deadpool. How glad I am its going a million above it.

Last Week, EG  had 7.4m, Deadpool had 7.1m.

Though this week, It seems it will finish at 5.8m (~22% drop) vs. 4.7m (33%) Deadpool. If Deadpool's screen count remains same as EG, we can get:

Week 9- EG - 3.6 vs 2.8 DP. (38% drop- TLK)

Week 10- EG - 2.2 vs. 1.3 DP.

Week 11- EG- 1.5 vs 0.9 DP.

Week 12 EG - 1m vs. 0.6 DP.

Rest -  EG- 2m vs. 1.4m DP.

So, atleast 11m more after this week taking total Dom to 832.5+ 11~ 842-844m 

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Endgame having its own endgame. 

Last week, someone compared EG to finish like Deadpool. How glad I am its going a million above it.

Last Week, EG  had 7.4m, Deadpool had 7.1m.

Though this week, It seems it will finish at 5.8m (~22% drop) vs. 4.7m (33%) Deadpool. If Deadpool's screen count remains same as EG, we can get:

Week 9- EG - 3.6 vs 2.8 DP. (38% drop- TLK)

Week 10- EG - 2.2 vs. 1.3 DP.

Week 11- EG- 1.5 vs 0.9 DP.

Week 12 EG - 1m vs. 0.6 DP.

Rest -  EG- 2m vs. 1.4m DP.

So, atleast 11m more after this week taking total Dom to 832.5+ 11~ 842-844m 

After this week, it is 832.5?

1 hour ago, Doctor Stark said:

With these drops it better not lose a lot of theaters this week.

With these many wide releases this weekend it's inevitable, but I think it will get some back next week. Whatever, it seems to be doing quite good with what it has.

15 minutes ago, Shanks said:

832.7m if 4.8m comes total. 

832.6m if 4.7m comes. (Most probable)

I took lowest 4.6m for this week ----> so, 832.5m

So far, it is 831.17 after this mon. Tue is 0.6 so 831.77 after tue..... 

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

SLOP: $5.4mn (+83% / -24.6%)

MIBI: $4.6mn (+66.4% / ---)

Aladdin: $3.85mn (+60.6% / -18.1%)

DP: $1.65mn (+57.3% / -57.5%)

RM: $1.6mn (+52.2% / -31%)

KoTM: $1.45mn (+40.5% / -41.3%)

Shaft: $1.4mn (+83% / ---)

JW3: $0.93mn (+20.8% / -25.3%)

A:EG: $0.6mn (+27.7% / -24.1%)

So Aladdin with the best WoW Drop (than Endgame and then SLOP2).

Also, that Tuesday increase for SLOP is pretty crazy (and for Shaft).

Aladdin is the sixth highest grossing Memorial Day release ever (behind SW 4, Indy 4, Pirates 3, SW 5 & 6)

while it obviously won't beat any of those adjusted for inflation it could end up in first place for unadjusted initial runs (needs to beat $317m of Indy 4) which would be second place overall only behind A new hope.

Right now it's 7.6m behind Pirates 3 and 9m behind Indy 4 after being behind by $36.4 and $33.7m on OWend Sunday.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

So Aladdin with the best WoW Drop (than Endgame and then SLOP2).

Also, that Tuesday increase for SLOP is pretty crazy (and for Shaft).

Aladdin is the sixth highest grossing Memorial Day release ever (behind SW 4, Indy 4, Pirates 3, SW 5 & 6)

while it obviously won't beat any of those adjusted for inflation it could end up in first place for unadjusted initial runs (needs to beat $317m of Indy 4) which would be second place overall only behind A new hope.

Right now it's 7.6m behind Pirates 3 and 9m behind Indy 4 after being behind by $36.4 and $33.7m on OWend Sunday.

SW4 opened limited in MD we, but opened wide in july.

SW5 opened limited the we before MD we, and opened wide in june.

SW6 opened during MD we and made 252M (309 with re-releases and so).

The target is imo the 317,1M of Indy4, which I think it's very possible to happen. After next we, Aladdin will be on 280M+ (and we'll see if it double features with TS4 and later on with TLK for good legs).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, john2000 said:

so ww total range without any push , will be 2768-2773

If that would be final gross, then the denial of the extension in China made a really huge impact in beating Avatar. What EG will earn in the Chinese extension will help it a lot. Oh boy.

Edited by UserHN

8 minutes ago, UserHN said:

If that would be final gross, then the denial of the extension in China made a really huge impact in beating Avatar. What EG will earn in the Chinese extension will help it a lot. Oh boy.

still disney can push eg 

50 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

SW4 opened limited in MD we, but opened wide in july.

SW5 opened limited the we before MD we, and opened wide in june.

SW6 opened during MD we and made 252M (309 with re-releases and so).

The target is imo the 317,1M of Indy4, which I think it's very possible to happen. After next we, Aladdin will be on 280M+ (and we'll see if it double features with TS4 and later on with TLK for good legs).

SW 4 and 5 didn't have a normal limited to wide run though as it gradually got more theatres every week so I am not certain if that really counts as wide opening, highest theatre count was during the middle of August. Because it increased by something like 100-200 theatres every weekend I decided to take MD as OWend for SW4.

You are right about Empire strikes back though that really increased it theatres count by 697 (from 126) on June 20th 1980 so it's not really a MD opener.

But if we are ignoring the three SW movies as they opened in a time were OWend didn't matter as much because they had long runs then it's #3 right now behind Pirates 3 and Indy 4 and I guess it should beat both as it is getting closer every day to both movies.

Aladdin vs Indy 4 vs Pirates 3 (difference after certain day):

OWend: -$33.68m | -$36.47m (the main difference is the Thursday for Indy and the big OD for Pirates)

MD: -$35.15m | -$36.24m

OWeek: -$28.18m | -$30.64m

2nd Wend: -$30.1m | -$32m

2nd Week: -$22.34m | -$24.41m

3rd Wend: -$20.45m | -$20.87m

3rd Week: -$15.05m | -$15m

4th Wend: -$12.48m | -$10.1m

4th Week: -$8.35m | -$5.75m

Or looking at it differently including Thursday in OWend and OWeek:

OWend: -$33.68m | -$36.47m

OWeek: -$28.18m | -$30.64m

2nd Wend: -$1.91m | -$1.37m (This means Indy's 2nd Wend was $1.91m higher than Aladdin's)

2nd Week: +$5.85m | +$6.23m (this is the combination of Wend and Wdays)

3rd Wend: +$1.89m | +$3.54m

3rd Week: +$7.29m | +$9.41m

4th Wend: +$2.57m | +$4.9m

4th Week: +$6.7m | +$9.25m

So only OWend and 2nd Weekend were below the others and ever since Aladdin has been gaining ground and that actually doesn't even happen slowly

If TS4 and the doubles help this movie I guess it could be even with Pirates after Wend and Indy after the Week that would mean it only would need to follow those runs to end above them but it would be starting from a higher point so it has a chance to be higher.

I am really interested in how high it can go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

846-848mn is what I think is happening without expansion.

I think it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next two weekends. I think that if there is an worldwide push to bring Endgame to more screens / theaters before Spider-Man: Far From Home, the bump might be bigger than most of us are expecting. I will definitely watch Endgame before Spidey, and I’m sure that I’m not alone in that. If the bump is good and an expansion happens, Endgame ends up snapping Avatar’s worldwide record out of existence in a photo finish record breaking run.

• Like 4