That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

2 minutes ago, VENOM said:

That’s a sequel 

It’s not, actually. Like, I understand what you intended, and they basically got you on a technicality, but Captain Marvel is definitely not actually a sequel. 

Edited by Thanos Legion

12 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Captain Marvel few months ago.

He meant a fresh movie but Captain Marvel is a comic book adaptation.. All of MCU is Comic book adaptations

Edited by Geo1500

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

It’s pretty ridiculous to say that the 21st film in a series is not a sequel.

what was it a sequel for? 

being set in the same universe does NOT mean that all the movies are sequels to each other. Ant-Man and the Wasp was a sequel to Ant-Man and NOT to Avengers IW.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

They didn’t green light Breakthrough.  Come the fuck on now.

They didn't greenlight it but they bought it. It's theirs. They still allowed it to open in theaters. I didn't even see the word 'greenlight' on the question.

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Look Captain Marvel is not a sequel but at the same time it doesn't really refute @VENOM's point does it?

Anyways next year we'll have 2 Pixar originals and most likely 1 WDAS original. 

Next year will also have a full load of Fox and Fox Searchlight originals.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It’s pretty ridiculous to say that the 21st film in a series is not a sequel.

Then I’ve got a pretty simple question for ya:   

What movie is Captain Marvel a sequel to?

6 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

He meant a fresh movie but Captain Marvel is a comic book adaptation.. All of MCU is Comic book adaptations

what's wrong with comic book adaptations? most movies are usually adapted from novels/books or biographies of real people. 

• Like 2

Just now, RealLyre said:

what's wrong with comic book adaptations? most movies are usually adapted from novels/books or biographies of real people. 

There is nothing wrong with them. I am more into comic book adaptations myself but I don't see much difference between that and disney remakes since they are both well known property that has been sitting there for some time

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Captain Marvel was set up in Infinity War (credits scene but still).

she did not appear in IW though. 

and 

but if you make the same movie but remove any references that connect it to the MCU, I guarantee you it doesn’t make anywhere near as much money.

you mean make a different movie? yeah different movies usually perform differently. this is like saying cutting all the Joker scenes from TDK would mean it wouldn't make anywhere near as much money no shit dude.

Staying flat from true-Friday would give a Saturday lower than TS3’s first Saturday.

I just don’t see it. This HAS has to increase like I2, right? But TS3 stayed flat when factoring in midnights. Ugh I’m not comfortable with this. Tomorrow is so huge. It could determine so much of TS4’s run with regards to not just OW but legs.