That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

6 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

if Friday is more like 47M-48M I'm thinking it can mange 125M OW with a strong Sat and decent Sunday hold.

Fri 48M

Sat 43.2M (-10%)/(+20% over True Friday)

Sun 34.56M (-20%)

total 125M~ 

+20% over true Fri seems unlikely though. Dory and I2 barely increased. I think it will be more realistic if +5% from true Fri. So it will be like this:

Let's go with 47

= 112

Dory legs will take it to 400M+ Dom.

Edited by UserHN

48.3 Friday according to Deadline

https://deadline.com/2019/06/toy-story-4-google-mcdonalds-chrysler-box-office-advertiser-partners-1202636485/

P&A, and such advertisers are instrumental to the success of Toy Story 4 reaching a current projected $126.4M opening at the domestic B.O. this weekend (those figures are per industry estimates tonight after a $48.3M first Friday) and a potential global launch of $226M+. That opening is pretty darn good for a fourthquel in a 24-year old franchise.

They don't have it yet in the usual BO update article.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, a2k said:

48.3 Friday according to Deadline

https://deadline.com/2019/06/toy-story-4-google-mcdonalds-chrysler-box-office-advertiser-partners-1202636485/

They don't have it yet in the usual BO update article.

A $126.4M OW with that OD is pretty optimistic. I guess we'll see. Saturday will determine everything IMHO. If it ends up below $40M it might be time to start thinking about weaker legs.

I'm seeing it tomorrow so hopefully that helps lol

3 minutes ago, superduperm said:

A $126.4M OW with that OD is pretty optimistic. I guess we'll see. Saturday will determine everything IMHO. If it ends up below $40M it might be time to start thinking about weaker legs.

Yeah. Too optimistic. If that 48.3 holds, then 115 OW is more likely than 126. But hey, I'll take it. It's more than TS3's OW unadjusted. Lol

Edited by UserHN

Just now, superduperm said:

DEADLINE?

tenor.gif?itemid=10227320

Disney animated sequels are getting worse.. finding dory, Ralph breaks the internet, toy story 4 and there remakes just scream cash grab. When’s the last time these guys came out with a movie that wasn’t a sequel or remake?

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

Yeah. Too optimistic. If that 48.3 holds, then 115 OW is more likely than 126.

There seems to be two different ways Saturday can go. You seem to be more on the conservative side and looking at it from a Finding Dory perspective (staying flat from Friday minus previews). Personally, I think *knocking very VERY hard on wood because this has been disappointing me greatly so far* that a decent increase tomorrow is in play. I'm hoping for something in the 40's.

1 minute ago, VENOM said:

Disney animated sequels are getting worse.. finding dory, Ralph breaks the internet, toy story 4 and there remakes just scream cash grab. When’s the last time these guys came out with a movie that wasn’t a sequel or remake?

Captain Marvel few months ago.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

CP actually did a lot better at my theatre than I thought it would (5.7M but there were no previews so that's true Friday). Toy Story was actually pretty muted despite the strong Thursday numbers last night, which was kinda disappointing. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Deadline's been pretty darn spot-on for this one since the preview numbers came in, though.

They set-up TS4 for a storm By throwing some heavy numbers out of the blue