charlie Jatinder

Thursday Numbers - (7/11)

4 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

It doesn't matter what is the topic, it will eventually end with 1 of 3 outcomes

MCU rankings, MCU future lineup, or EG vs Avatar.

We're on a box office forum so it would be weird if discussions didn't eventually go towards the top grossing series of all time or the current top two movies ever. For the first time in almost a decade a film is within spitting distance of Avatar's WW record, so your damn right people will talk about it. It only sucks when it degenerates into insults, other sort of attacks and people trying to put one movie down to raise another, you know, the usual forum shenanigans.

10 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

It doesn't matter what is the topic, it will eventually end with 1 of 3 outcomes

MCU rankings, MCU future lineup, or EG vs Avatar.

Lion King movies ranked:

Lion King (1994)

Black panther

Lion King (2019)

:sparta:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Guardian movies have been one of the lowest grossers amongst MCU franchises in Asia. They consistently underperform in countries like China, India, etc (relative to other MCU movies)

That's exactly what gonna change after Infinity War and Endgame. GoTG 3 is doing $15-20mn in India. (5-6x GoTG 2)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, a2k said:

Maybe, if Disney casts Statham and Dwayne, drops Gunn (again) in favour of Wan, gets $400m from China and throws in a couple of full blown songs to get $100m in Japan.

star-lord-dancing-gif-7.gif

Let Pete go, let Pete go..

• Like 1

Congrats to Aladdin. Should get to at least 52 days. Move it into a tie for 8th.

Excellent hold for FFH. It needs a strong performance this weekend (at least 2-3M above HC) to have a good chance at 400M imo. It is going to get whacked in week 3 and HC's legs were so strong it is alot to ask FFH to match them.

With no movies coming out this weekend to take IMAX and PLF, nor expected to do well holds should have been stronger than normal on Thursday and this weekends holds should be better than normal. Next weekend is likely to be a different story.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

That's exactly what gonna change after Infinity War and Endgame. GoTG 3 is doing $15-20mn in India. (5-6x GoTG 2)

AIW & AEG made you all enamored of Peter Quill, have they? :lol:

Rocket needs to be the lead of the next movie (with Groot, Nebula & Gamora as the main secondaries.  ) 

Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Rocket needs to be the lead of the next movie (with Groot, Nebula & Gamora as the main secondaries.  ) 

Rocket has always been the lead. He's the Guardians Wolverine. 

2 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Rocket's always been the breakout character (along with Groot)  but Quill is still the main one sucking up plot and screen time even though he's by far the most annoying and least interesting character.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Gamora or Nebula should be the lead. I am fed up with man being the lead of all franchise with daddy or mommy issues. We need some changes. 

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Rocket's always been the breakout character (along with Groot)  but Quill is still the main one sucking up plot and screen time even though he's by far the most annoying and least interesting character.

He's Cyclops. The end of Vol. 2 - to me - made it clear who even Gunn sees as the main character. 

Hot take since the derail has already been made:

I'm way more interested in the Guardians meeting the X-Men than I am seeing them with the Avengers. Yeah it's going to be glorious to see AvsX, but give me cosmic scale X-Men stories when the time comes. A lot of parallels to be made there.

23 minutes ago, GrandierHorror said:

Gamora or Nebula should be the lead. I am fed up with man being the lead of all franchise with daddy or mommy issues. We need some changes. 

Gamora and Nebula have the king of all Daddy issues. :lol:   And those have been well explored.

Regardless, Rocket is the most interesting character and his past has yet to be explored.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Thanks 1

Everyone is talking about Guardians and X-Men and Avengers, but no one is talking about our New York based heroes who made such a great combo in Infinity War teaming up again. I don't know, with no Avengers in sight anytime soon, if Sony extends their deal with Marvel for 2 more movies (1 for each) I'd say there's a pretty good chance a certain Strange Doctor bumps into a certain teenage wall-crawler.

Of course my dream team-up is still a post-apocalyptic, Mad Max style Wolverine and Hawkeye movie (you comic nerds out there know what I mean) as long as they find a way to get Jackman back, of course. How would that work based on how Logan ended? I Have no clue, but I'm sure they could figure it out. I mean Deadpool has a time machine, and if there's one superhero who won't need much work to cross over into the MCU and mess stuff up for everyone, well it's that guy, so really anything can happen.

But going forward I'm fairly positive that outside of introducing heroes for the first time to the world in their own solo movies, we're going to get mostly team-ups in sequels, like we got in Civil War or more recently Thor Ragnarok and hopefully we'll also get in Guardians 3.

Edited by AlexMA
words