charlie Jatinder

Thursday Numbers - (7/11)

46 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

2 years. 6 movies. 9B dollars. 

And for a combined production budget just 1.4B or so.

And remember there were quite a few analysts saying Disney over-payed for Marvel simply because they didn't have the X-Men and Spider-Man movie rights. One of the best (if not the best) deal Disney ever made.

9 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Wonder if Marvel will see a 2 billion dollar movie again anytime soon.

Avengers vs. X-Men might just do it.

Untitled Marvel Studios Team-Up Movie May 6th 2022... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlexMA said:

Untitled Marvel Studios Team-Up Movie May 6th 2022... 

Psssh, nonsense. Untitled Marvel Movie May 2022 will be a solo. 2B from Untitled Marvel Movie May (but actually April) 2023

10 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah Marvel can afford to wait a bit til the next Avengers film seeing as the solo films are capable of $1 Billion now and are only going to get bigger.

Far From Home will be the third billion dollar movie without Tony Stark. I remember back around 2016-2017 some people thought the franchise had capped on non-RDJ movies. Going to guess the gravy train will keep on chugging just fine without him.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

GoTG 3 could do 1.5 Billion.

I was going to contest this, but then I remembered... (Endgame spoilers)

Thor might be in it.

Given that, not sure about 1.5B, but I could see 1.3B for sure. I think IW/EG raised the profile of the Guardians pretty significantly overseas and people will be hyped after Gunn finally returned to the director's chair. 450-500 dom imo.

Edited by Mekanos

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Avengers 5

A generic Avengers movie with Spider-Man, Strange, Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Panther could probably come close, not sure about 2 billion. Maybe something like 550-600 dom and 1.8B assuming a dom/os split close to Infinity War. New characters like Wolverine and the Fantastic Four though would definitely raise its potential. Honestly, Wolverine alone might be enough.  

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Everything is par or higher than  Wednesday. 

Ooh that’s good for Midsommar. But could indicate that the Crawl previews aren’t great if they didn’t impact that or Annabelle. 

• Like 1

I think Avengers 5 will easily clear $2 billion, especially if it takes longer to release than the typical three year gap. I just can’t see its worldwide total being lower than Endgame’s overseas numbers. Hype will be built up, Marvel is stronger than ever, etc. Hell, if Avengers 5 were to be 5 years from now, I could see it also doing crazy numbers. I don’t think it can top Endgame, but I wouldn’t be shocked. Depends on if Marvel can keep the momentum going. Five years may not be Endgame’s eleven year buildup, but it’s still a long time for Marvel’s bigger than ever fan base to have to wait for another Avengers movie. Avengers 5 is definitely the most likely movie to outgross Endgame or Avatar in the near future just based off of what little information we have. Though its odds are of course very, very slim at this point in time. Obviously Avatar 2 is up there too, but no one really knows at all where that will land. Marvel keeps making its audience bigger when we think it has reached its peak. Unless Marvel starts putting out stinkers, Avengers 5, especially in 2023 or later, is going to be a colossal event at the level of Infinity War or higher in my opinion. Like Charlie said, GOTG 3 has $1.5 billion potential. Are you telling me an Avengers movie in 3-5 years with inflation, overseas expansion, and a bigger fan bases can’t add at the very least $500 million onto that? I will right now say $2.5 billion for Avengers 5, lower is of course possible but higher absolutely is as well. Even after Endgame people continue to doubt Marvel as their average gross goes higher and higher. Avengers 5 will be humongous, even if it is not a finale like Endgame. When it all comes down to it, Marvel is just too big now for an Avengers title to go sub-$2 billion I think.

Edited by Doctor Stark
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I think Avengers 5 will easily clear $2 billion, especially if it takes longer to release than the typical three year gap. I just can’t see its worldwide total being lower than Endgame’s overseas numbers. Hype will be built up, Marvel is stronger than ever, etc. Hell, if Avengers 5 were to be 5 years from now, I could see it also doing crazy numbers. I don’t think it can top Endgame, but I wouldn’t be shocked. Depends on if Marvel can keep the momentum going. Five years may not be Endgame’s eleven year buildup, but it’s still a long time for Marvel’s bigger than ever fan base to wait for another Avengers movie. Avengers 5 is definitely the most likely movie to outgross Endgame or Avatar in the near future just based off of what little information we have. Though its odds are of course very, very slim at this point in time. Obviously Avatar 2 is up there too, but no one really knows at all where that will land. Marvel keeps making its audience bigger when we think it has reached its peak. Unless Marvel starts putting out stinkers, Avengers 5, especially in 2023 or later, is going to be a colossal event at the level of Infinity War or higher in my opinion. Like Charlie said, GOTG 3 has $1.5 billion potential. Are you telling me an Avengers movie in 3-5 years with inflation, overseas expansion, and a bigger fan bases can’t add at the very least $500 million onto that? I will right now say $2.5 billion for Avengers 5, lower is of course possible but higher absolutely is as well. Even after Endgame people continue to doubt Marvel as their average gross goes higher and higher. Avengers 5 will be humongous, even if it is not a finale like Endgame. When it all comes down to it, Marvel is just too big now for an Avengers title to go sub-$2 billion I think.

Avengers 5 is 2023 forward, but I’m banking on 2023.

6 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

4 years is a lot of time for a franchise to rest.

Marvel would be smart to wait a while. It gives Avengers 5 more time to buildup in-universe, and it makes it seems like an even bigger event due to the long wait. Plus the solos have so much crossover already it’s not like the MCU will lack that aspect without an Avengers movie for a while. If they wait until 2024, a five year gap, I think Avengers 5 could outdo Endgame. It sounds crazy, I agree, but five years is a long time and can still feel nearly as significant as Endgame. Especially when Marvel will have released like 10-15 films in that time. Maybe Avengers 5 is a less important one and they still do them every three years. I would still say $2 billion+ solely due to brand strength. But I have a hunch they will make the Avengers films rarer and thus they may achieve Endgame-level grosses or higher because of it.

• Thanks 1