TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

24 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Nope-no report of anything coming.

My thought was they had a teaser ready to go in late February or early March. It didn't look the way they wanted and they didn't want to face another Aladdin-Will Smith-teaser dilemma. So they did reshoots. When they finished, it was pressing too close to DS2's release, so they decided to just hold off to give DS2 its space.

The kicker is that there are so many other little nuggets they could have thrown out there like a sizzle reel, poster, pics and stills. Seems like they're putting all their eggs into the two-month basket.

It's coming today

We should just cautiously wait. 

Nobody knows if it's coming today.

But also, we doesn't need scoopers confirming it to be true. We didn't know about the DS2 final trailer in SB or Ms Marvel trailer in advance because Marvel never confirm this things and nobody said anything, but still happened. It could drop today doesn't matter if there's no one "reporting" it.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

It's coming today

The only source claiming anything of that sort is this rando Brazilian one: https://www.chippu.com.br/noticias/thor-amor-e-trovao-recebera-primeiro-trailer-na-proxima-semana

Otherwise none of the other scooper bros have uttered a single word, which doesn't leave me too optimistic we'll be seeing anything until Doctor Strange 2 is out.

On the plus side, at least the break-even point for this will be one of the lowest in recent blockbuster history-or at least since Godzilla vs Kong which similarly had a tiny marketing campaign.

The mighty red rectangle is all the GA needs to see to be convinced. How do you think Morbius, a movie which otherwise would've had a single-digit opening, launched with $40M?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The only source claiming anything of that sort is this rando Brazilian one: https://www.chippu.com.br/noticias/thor-amor-e-trovao-recebera-primeiro-trailer-na-proxima-semana

Otherwise none of the other scooper bros have uttered a single word, which doesn't leave me too optimistic we'll be seeing anything until Doctor Strange 2 is out.

On the plus side, at least the break-even point for this will be one of the lowest in recent blockbuster history-or at least since Godzilla vs Kong which similarly had a tiny marketing campaign.

The mighty red rectangle is all the GA needs to see to be convinced. How do you think Morbius, a movie which otherwise would've had a single-digit opening, launched with $40M?

It's a very respected outlet in Brazil. 

Today it's their all or nothing. Their judgement. 

And you know what? I believe in them. 

It's a FACT. Trailer is coming today. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wormow said:

I'd rather a trailer come in May.

I wouldn't mind. 

In fact, I wouldn't mind if Marvel Studios kept this thing of showing the 1st trailer for the next movie, in the current movie, like NWH. 

It could become like a appointment thing. 

Like... the 1st trailer of Black Panther in the Thor 4 post credits. Because most post credits are a bit redundant. The mid credits scene is always the big one. 

So making the post credits scene the place to see the 1st trailer of the next MCU movie is awesome to me

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

He's not random, it's one of our biggest sources, and he lives in US. He's reliable as anyone else in this bubble of insiders online and he said it could change.

Still, like i said, you all should stop waiting for scoopers to confirm things on social media. Nothing about this movie leaked, they don't know anything for sure.

The dude who always drop the dates for trailers was someone from Patreon and he stop it right after Moon Knight trailer, almost all other "insiders" just reply his infos this whole time. It's no surprise that after he stop leaking the dates, we get MCU trailers without confirmations.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

I wouldn't mind. 

In fact, I wouldn't mind if Marvel Studios kept this thing of showing the 1st trailer for the next movie, in the current movie, like NWH. 

It could become like a appointment thing. 

Like... the 1st trailer of Black Panther in the Thor 4 post credits. Because most post credits are a bit redundant. The mid credits scene is always the big one. 

So making the post credits scene the place to see the 1st trailer of the next MCU movie is awesome to me

I've just always been a bigger fan of closer to release marketing - even ten years ago, I feel like footage always seems a bit stale to me the earlier you market the movie, and I love being surprised with visual. 

Starting in May means they can just have an entire month of press coverage with constant trends, new footage, etc instead of gaps in between. Ballsy marketing but I can see it working very well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

You really think they'd wait till just two months before release for a first trailer?

I don't think anyone would ever have predicted that to be the case, but here we are.

Pushing it to may means that it will start its marketing as JWDom is on its crash course and so is Lightyear. And DS2 will still be heavily marketed as it will just have come out. Not a great time for a movie to begin its marketing if its release is right around the corner. It's fine for a fall release date (which we know now is not happening), but not a summer.

Speaking of which, I also find it odd that there hasn't been a final trailer for JWDom. What is going on with the marketing for all of these summer films?

Btw, didn't the Brazailian site doubt their own sources about the trailer for THor?

5 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

I'd rather they don't release a trailer or poster or tv spots at all. Release it with absolutely zero marketing costs. Watch it become an ultra leggy wom driven superhit over the weeks. 

Yeah this would be awesome.    

Think it would still open 150M+ easily

Now is the perfect time to drop the trailer. MK is in the middle of its season, and MOM is in the lull before the storm.

Side-note: The doom and gloom over it is hilarious though. Free entertainment watching some of y’all pontificate ad nauseum over this 🤣

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

I'd rather they don't release a trailer or poster or tv spots at all. Release it with absolutely zero marketing costs. Watch it become an ultra leggy wom driven superhit over the weeks. 

Would be something intresting ngl, yet it's absolutly not gonna happen.

This feels like groundhogs day....

People ask where's trailer, theories on why said trailer isn't released yet, Trailer ends up releasing, people pick apart a moment where the CGI is spotty/Joke doesn't land. and then the predictions on how much said movie is gonna make

• Like 1
  • Sad 1