TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

It's all gossip of course, but there were very frequent reports of Taika popping up in Australian bars and being an absolute mess during filming. Apparently staff dreaded him entering and this was always on work nights. This also marries up with the rumours that he's flat-out not welcome in New Zealand anymore and the disaster that was the Met Gala which he's now apparently banned from. 

Again, it's all gossip, but it's all coming from different sources and saying the same thing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeight said:

No,  there isn't.  She hulk rumors were debunked and the delay is due to vfx. MS marvel doesn't have bad drama,  people  don't like her power change but that does nothing to do either production of the show. There has been no drama about Quantumanja,  the marvels,  Black panther 2( weights controversy and prolonged production due to other facts aren't indicative of poor quality) or GOTG VOL 3. So by definition the majority of mcu productions DONT have drama. 

There wasn´t drama in Thor as well, until today there´s literally 0 rumours about this having problems, the shoot was very smooth and the reshoots as well. 

And like Clay said, what he heard was about jokes not landing, which honestly it´s not something uncommon for MCU, it´s one of the reasons why they tested so much. The Russos said this just a few days ago, humor is important to Feige and he tested a lot to know what is working and what is not before releasing it.

And there are reports of a great test screening few days ago.

I think only NWH and DS2 have actual drama, NWH was totally chaotic production wise and DS2 have bad test screenings that leads to extensive reshoots and the delay etc, but this one was solved with time unlike NWH.

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

"New member"

Look, I don't think this movie will be "bad". I'm on record as saying it's an easy 1billion.  But I also wouldn't be surprised if production was messy. And I'm confident it's not going to be as well-received as Ragnarok. I don't need ammo to fire off my Taika hate. Nothing to project, buddy. 

I dont know. Instead of complaining, maybe actually appreciate someone is sharing information they've heard? They didn't have to, and while it can be annoying (ViewerAnon), they're just sharing movie news...on a movie news site

I mean you called Waititi insufferable so there is some bias there.  Also batman had a very messy production and I'm not talking just covid.  It's just that some studios are better hiding than others. Lat hasn't had tons of reshoots so it doesn't indicate a messy production. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

rooting for this to be bad because i don't want taika to have made a good movie in between all the threesomes and coke binges. let's prove one man can't have it all.

What makes you think Taika Watiti does coke? He seems more like a adderall man to me.

• Haha 1

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

There wasn´t drama in Thor as well, until today there´s literally 0 rumours about this having problems, the shoot was very smooth and the reshoots as well. 

And like Clay said, what he heard was about jokes not landing, which honestly it´s not something uncommon for MCU, it´s one of the reasons why they tested so much. The Russos said this just a few days ago, humor is important to Feige and he tested a lot to know what is working and what is not before releasing it.

And there are reports of a great test screening few days ago.

I think only NWH and DS2 have actual drama, NWH was totally chaotic production wise and DS2 have bad test screenings that leads to extensive reshoots and the delay etc, but this one was solved with time unlike NWH.

I mean NWH is acclaimed so this was solved as well at least based on reception. Also thanks the first time I hear mom had bad test screenings.  Last I heard the latest test screening went very well. 

1 minute ago, Jeight said:

I mean NWH is acclaimed so this was solved as well at least based on reception. Also thanks the first time I hear mom had bad test screenings.  Last I heard the latest test screening went very well. 

It wasn´t solved, NWH was released with unfinished effects. The production problems on this was huge and it wasn´t totally done for release. People acclaimed it for other reasons. 

And yes, DS2 test screenings was great after reshoots. The bad ones was before it.

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

It wasn´t solved, NWH was released with unfinished effects. The production problems on this was huge and it wasn´t totally done for release. People acclaimed it for other reasons. 

And yes, DS2 test screenings was great after reshoots. The bad ones was before it.

If you imply it's because of nostalgia,  I will respectfully disagree.  NWH is one of the few movies that utilizes nostalgia in clever way and in service of its main character as a narrative device. That's personal opinion of course and this isn't the NWH thread. 

Are you referring to mom screenings from 2021? The last one was in January.  I remember  Grace mentioning something in late 2021 but since it's Grace I didn't pay much attention. 

10 minutes ago, Jeight said:

I mean you called Waititi insufferable so there is some bias there.  Also batman had a very messy production and I'm not talking just covid.  It's just that some studios are better hiding than others. Lat hasn't had tons of reshoots so it doesn't indicate a messy production. 

Buddy, you made an account to stan for the MCU. Maybe cool it on the "bias"

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I heard they had to reshoot Next Goal Wins because Taika kept trying to snort the goal lines.

I forgot Armie Hammer and Michael Fassbender involved in this one, talk about an all-time toxic vibes movie. Nightmare blunt rotation.

• Astonished 1

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Buddy, you made an account to stan for the MCU. Maybe cool it on the "bias"

I don't know where you got the stanning idea but you do you.  I like quite a lot of mcu movies but they are rarely in my yearly top 10s.

I have been a lurker here for years BTW,  I just happened to join today. 

Edited by Jeight
  • Like 1

What the hell is happening with this thread!!!

There was chaos before the trailer because nothing happened, and now there is chaos after the trailer because of bias, Taika doing menages, celebrity gossips that are probably fake, bad jokes, free guy... i mean this must be the best thread of this forum

• Like 6