Eric Duncan

Halloween Ends | October 14, 2022 | Uni/Blumhouse | In theaters and Peacock on the same day...again!

I liked Halloween Kills a lot, it's one of those movies that I have no idea why people hated so much (like Dark Phoenix). There was that plot point that felt a bit off, but I don't see how it ruins the entire movie which was pretty entertaining to me 🤷‍♂️

Curious to see how this is received and how it performs at the box office, though, considering Universal made an expensive bet on the director rebooting The Exorcist. I'm always rooting for movies to be good, of course, but my evil side is hoping for disaster.

I am hopeful that this one’ll be good. The teaser caught my attention, at the very least (although the same was true for Kills and I didn’t care for the movie itself). I’m betting this’ll get a bit bigger OW than Kills, but lower than 2018. Maybe $65m?

10 hours ago, motionpic05 said:

Is 1.8 million viewers bad for the amount of trailer views so far? (Uploaded roughly 48 hours ago)

It’s hard to tell, Youtube doesn’t seem to be what it once was. I’d guess most views come from social media now. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Jason Blum confirmed in an interview that the only reason he called it Halloween “Ends” is because Blumhouse only secured the rights for 3 films. 

I’m sure Michael will be back in a few years. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Universal tried to keep the rights considering the BO takings of 2018 and Kills (unless Ends tanks of course). Either way, should be interesting to see what direction they take it in once Jamie Lee Curtis is done, it’ll need a new hook, and I just hope they don’t just revert to standard slasher fare.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Universal tried to keep the rights considering the BO takings of 2018 and Kills (unless Ends tanks of course). Either way, should be interesting to see what direction they take it in once Jamie Lee Curtis is done, it’ll need a new hook, and I just hope they don’t just revert to standard slasher fare.

I do love standard slasher fare lol. But I know exactly what you mean. They’ll need a big hook and they won’t be able to recapture the current level of interest. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I do love standard slasher fare lol. But I know exactly what you mean. They’ll need a big hook and they won’t be able to recapture the current level of interest. 

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong, I love a good slasher, but I always hold Halloween to a higher standard than most other franchises (not really sure why though when Halloween Resurrection exists, lol).

• Haha 1