Eric the Fall Guy

Halloween Ends | October 14, 2022 | Uni/Blumhouse | In theaters and Peacock on the same day...again!

On 10/3/2022 at 5:16 AM, SnokesLegs said:

The love that film seems to get around this time of year truly baffles me. I watched it again for the first time in decades last year and it’s rough as hell. I really don’t get what people see in it.

I liked Season of the Witch, but it's not like it's a great masterpiece of the horror genre. It has many flaws. But it had the guts to actually pull the trigger of Holocaust level mass murder at the climax.

And seems like every "Morning Zoo" type radio DJ has to play the Jingle

'Happy, Happy, Halloween, Halloween, Happy Happy Haloween, Silver Shamrock".

On 10/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, Krissykins said:

Yeh, Blumhouse deliberately called this one “Ends” because they only have the rights to 3 films.

Calling it Ends makes it awkward for the next studio. But Michael will be back. 

Only way Michael will not return is if the films lose money.

Thing is the  Halloween movies cost so little to make and have such a core following they are guaranteed a profit. This film might not breakthrough to the general audience, but will still make a good profit for the studio.

Edited by dudalb

We all know this won’t be the last Halloween film. It seems the only thing that can potentially kill a slasher franchise is legal issues, as has been the case with Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street. That doesn’t mean we can’t still hope for this particular timeline to have a definitive end. 

11 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Only realised last night that this comes out next week. This is such a muted release, has absolutely zero presence in London. 

Jamie Lee was on Graham Norton on Friday promoting it. I’m getting social media ads but they obviously target me lol. 

I agree though, I heard someone say Universal won’t go as hard for this. Ends isn’t looking for a new audience, it’s just playing to the crowd that are already going to go. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Jamie Lee was on Graham Norton on Friday promoting it. I’m getting social media ads but they obviously target me lol. 

I agree though, I heard someone say Universal won’t go as hard for this. Ends isn’t looking for a new audience, it’s just playing to the crowd that are already going to go. 

I'm genuinely seeing more around London for Ticket to Paradise than I am for Halloween. Smile too, Smile is everywhere. 

19 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm genuinely seeing more around London for Ticket to Paradise than I am for Halloween. Smile too, Smile is everywhere. 

Clooney and Roberts reuniting for a romcom is just plain bigger news thant another Halloween movie.

Seen on Twitter that ViewerAnon’s now seen the final cut of the film and liked it more than the previous cuts (apparently some “smart changes” had been made), so fingers crossed it’s not a total disaster. I think it’s pretty safe to say that anyone going into this expecting 110 minutes of JLC Vs Michael is going to be disappointed though (not that I’d want that), so I’m fully expecting a bad reaction from audiences. I’m one of the weirdos who actually liked Kills though, so I’ll probably like this unless it’s Rob Zombie’s H2 levels of bad.

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

Clooney and Roberts reuniting for a romcom is just plain bigger news thant another Halloween movie.

Is it? Ticket to Paradise will be hard pushed to beat Halloween Kills. America could let it down. 

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

Seen on Twitter that ViewerAnon’s now seen the final cut of the film and liked it more than the previous cuts (apparently some “smart changes” had been made), so fingers crossed it’s not a total disaster. I think it’s pretty safe to say that anyone going into this expecting 110 minutes of JLC Vs Michael is going to be disappointed though (not that I’d want that), so I’m fully expecting a bad reaction from audiences. I’m one of the weirdos who actually liked Kills though, so I’ll probably like this unless it’s Rob Zombie’s H2 levels of bad.

As long as Laurie Vs Michael is the climax they might leave happy. All shall be revealed when we see it next week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Is it? Ticket to Paradise will be hard pushed to beat Halloween Kills. America could let it down.  

This will obviously open higher than Ticket to Paradise but one doesn't need to place a bet on that movie having much better legs (to the point of finishing with a higher total if Halloween completely dies after opening weekend).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

This will obviously open higher than Ticket to Paradise but one doesn't need to place a bet on that movie having much better legs (to the point of finishing with a higher total if Halloween completely dies after opening weekend).

Yeh that’s already clear. Just didn’t have $92m pencilled in for Ticket to Paradise. 

Kills opened to $49m (down from $76m) and dropped off hard…and that was coming off a very well received entry. Ends might hit low $40s but I could see it opening high $30s. Zero chance it hits $100m domestic (Kills couldn’t) unless WOM is great…which judging from this creative team + streaming dump = unlikely.

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

Kills opened to $49m (down from $76m) and dropped off hard…and that was coming off a very well received entry. Ends might hit low $40s but I could see it opening high $30s. Zero chance it hits $100m domestic (Kills couldn’t) unless WOM is great…which judging from this creative team + streaming dump = unlikely.

Lots of context missed there. 

Covid and peacock. 

• Like 2

I also don't think Ends will hit $100 million as well. Reviews will be horrible and many people left disappointed after Kills, so it will definitely lose some of it's core audience. Also Peacock now has more subscriptions than a year ago. Apart from that marketing is not as aggressive as it was for the last two films. Even the new trailer looks bad, and even Kills had an amazing trailer. Finally, this year had way more horrors to offer, so I'm not sure will the audience be there for this one.

I'm sticking to $35-40 million opening and $75-80 million total.

• Like 1