eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

On 3/29/2024 at 4:40 PM, Youngstar said:

I think it's a great idea for several reasons. We have a universe we actually care about, so when it's all destroyed later, we have some connection to it. And it's kinda unbelievable to have them in the main MCU, but never mentioned?? (We have done this a few times now already (Cpt Marvel, Eternals etc)...)

And not that "Alternate Universe" has all that much meaning in the age of the Multiverse......

Edited by dudalb

Before we light pitchforks and torches, Garner is playing Shalla-Bal, a different and seperate iteration of Silver Surfer. It's likely an alternate universe and even then who cares, there's multiple Silver Surfers in the comics.

Edited by YM!
Autocorrect fucked me
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Thank you OneTakeNews and DF for explaining it's a different iteration and not stoking the fires.

16 minutes ago, YM! said:

Thank you OneTakeNews and DF for explaining it's a different iteration and not stoking the fires.

Good on them. Considering that the film is rumoured to be set in a alternate universe it makes sense to use an alternate version of the sliver surfer

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, WorkingonaName said:

Comics were a mistake.

Buddy wait till you hear about the time Nightcrawler was the pope or look up the X-Men member known as Beak. We bearly even scratched the surface on how bonkers marvel can get... And you're tapping out already?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Another disaster flop is happening. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952nh74wahmk2jjch2wd4

You say that but there has been a female sliver surfer.... Back in 1999. So it's not like there pulling things out of thin air.... I guess what I'm trying to say is: facts don't care about your feelings 

9 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

You say that but there has been a female sliver surfer.... Back in 1999. So it's not like there pulling things out of thin air.... I guess what I'm trying to say is: facts don't care about your feelings 

She's not the main Silver Surfer though. And fans have been waiting to see that character done justice on the big screen for some time now. Granted, we don't know what her role is in this but I wouldn't put it past them to just skip over the Norrin Radd Silver Surfer all together.

Edited by poweranimals

1 hour ago, Belakor said:

Another disaster flop is happening. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952nh74wahmk2jjch2wd4

Quick name a single Disney lead (ie top billed) that's openly gay. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

She's not the main Silver Surfer though. And fans have been waiting to see that character done justice on the big screen for some time now. Granted, we don't know what her role is in this but I wouldn't put it past them to just skip over the Norrin Radd Silver Surfer all together.

So long as they get the personality of the character right that's all that matters for silver surfer