eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

23 hours ago, Porthos said:

As a point of order, I don't think Pedro Pascal acted on set for much or any of Season 3 as he was tied up with TLOU. 

And, yes, in this punter's opinion the quality of the acting suffered quite a bit.  He was "on set" for much more of Season 2 (and I believe a fair amount of Season 1) and I do think there was a noticeable difference in the acting when it came to body language and what not.

That being said, it's one thing to not be on set for parts of/most of a TV series.  Movie production is a whole 'nudder ballpark and I would expect Pedro Pascal to be at least as on-call as he was for Seasons 1/2 and in turn for that to effect the production schedule of other projects like this one.

(or at least he'd better be)

Bruh what? For real? Season 3 mando is not pedro pascal?

9 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Bruh what? For real? Season 3 mando is not pedro pascal?

Voice?  Yes.  On set 'in costume'?  From what I gather the vast majority of it, if not all of it, was Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder.

I won't say 100 percent definitively as I haven't paid as much attention to the BtS info out there for S3 of Mando that I did for other seasons and LFL haven't exactly gone out of their way to address the issue, but I will note the paucity of promotional material of Pedro Pascal in costume for S3 compared to S1 and especially S2. 

I could also cite Pascal's comments on various publicity tours last year about how he could play the role for a long time due to the voice component being such a heavy part of it. But Pedro Pascal is well known for being cheeky and playful in his interviews, so I don't put nearly as much weight on that except as a perhaps allusion to him not being on set for S3 much if at all.

But, basically?  Yes for real.  Near as I can tell at any rate.

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

Voice?  Yes.  On set 'in costume'?  From what I gather the vast majority of it, if not all of it, was Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder.

I won't say 100 percent definitively as I haven't paid as much attention to the BtS info out there for S3 of Mando that I did for other seasons and LFL haven't exactly gone out of their way to address the issue, but I will note the paucity of promotional material of Pedro Pascal in costume for S3 compared to S1 and especially S2. 

I could also cite Pascal's comments on various publicity tours last year about how he could play the role for a long time due to the voice component being such a heavy part of it. But Pedro Pascal is well known for being cheeky and playful in his interviews, so I don't put nearly as much weight on that except as a perhaps allusion to him not being on set for S3 much if at all.

But, basically?  Yes for real.  Near as I can tell at any rate.

Damn that’s disappointing. I had assumed that other than action scenes, it was always Pedro in the suit.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Damn that’s disappointing. I had assumed that other than action scenes, it was always Pedro in the suit.

Was for much of S1 and nearly all of S2, FWIW.  And, also FWIW, I happen to agree.  Not that I'd be really able to reliably tell the difference on a blind test, but I'd say overall that was one of the pieces of panache that S3 was missing.

(still starting to drift off topic a tad so probs best to leave it at that)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

They should move this to November 2025, as the one two punch of Jurassic world sequel and Superman will kill this movie's chances at the worldwide boxoffice. 

The Marvels ran away from July to November last year..got lucky with no competition too ....Any delay for this should be to improve the script if needed

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

February through the end of July isn't really that short 

It is when they're pumping out three movies from the same franchise over a six months period while there's plenty of space in the back half of the year. More time to build up hype between movies would be a good thing.

Edited by poweranimals

Thwipt is not credible lmao he's just some guy who makes forty billion guesses a day and some of the extremely obvious or easy to guess ones like "Penguin TV show is set after the events of The Batman" and makes a big deal whenever one of the extremely vague ones inevitably happens to be correct.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2