eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

Love we finally have the cast . Ok with Pedro for reed, Kirby for Sue is dope , haven't seen much of the other two to form an opinion.

The 60s poster is awesome .

But have to say don't really dig the scheduling.

They are going to jump off a successful Deadpool ,they decide to place cap 4 and thunderbolts which have potential to be stinkers . If both turn out bad ,it's a sure way to kill any  momentum gained from DP4 and literally hurt F4.

Just pushed thunderbolts to a non eventful November to die off if it's bad .

Are they going to move blade to 2026. 

Took me forever to place where I knew Quinn from before realizing it was him in a wig on the last season of Stranger Things. The casting choices definitely feel "safe" but that's not really a bad thing in my mind with how all over the place previous installments of this IP have been. Ebon Moss-Bachrach is a great choice. 

21 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Are they going to move blade to 2026. 

Almost feels like a certainty with how trouble the production has been thus far. That November 2025 date may stick but if they don't start filming by late fall this year, I can't imagine it doesn't get punted again which may be enough to kill the whole project. 

I will say, them announcing this cast now and not at Comic-Con is a likely indication they'll be sitting this year out too. Because let's face it, this is the only trump card they had for that, and they chose to play it now. If they still go this year, then all they'll have to show are Disney+ fodder.

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Quin may blow up with Gladiator 2 if it becomes a hit we are hoping to become. He's basically playing the new Phoenix and since Pascal is in the movie too I guess he gave him a good reference to Disney. 

Even the Roman Empire is more bankable than superhero slop in today’s day & age

• Haha 1

decent casting but I really don't see why some people think this will be the comeback or big success they want. The poor box office of the 3 existing F4 movies surely demonstrates there is no big fandom for these characters.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JWR said:

Sheesh. Lot of undue pessimism about this casting.

It's a CBM thread in 2024, did you expect anything different?

Recency bias is a hell of a drug.

• Like 4

The box office expectations in this thread are actually realistic. Especially with the BLAH creative team behind. This is an IP that needed a A List director, none of this “you directed a good Disney + show so here’s a big movie for you.”

F4 to me are like The Justice Society, doesn’t matter how iconic they are there just perceived as uncool by the GP, and 3 flop movies being their first appearance doesn’t help. It would take a master to find that perfect balance of updating and making them relevant while at the same time keeping their essence.

also the fact that they’re arriving in this mess of a multiverse storyline dampers it even more. This would be a different vibe if they along the Rebooted X men were leading a post Endgame era.  Like why are getting fresh F4 while still holding on to Fox Men?

6 minutes ago, JWR said:

Sheesh. Lot of undue pessimism about this casting.

After how lukewarm Marvel's output has been these past couple of years, everyone has every right to be skeptical. And Pedro Pascal, while beloved, is a pretty unconventional choice for a character like Reed Richards.

• Thanks 1

After Echo I expect nothing but disappointment from Marvel, if Deadpool 3 turns out to be good it was because Reynolds and his creative team, exactly like Guardians 3 with Gunn

Also, this negativity towards CBM is not bias, is a well known feeling across the GA, people are really tired of people in spandex suits I guess.

Edited by Belakor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Belakor said:

After Echo I expect nothing but disappointment from Marvel, if Deadpool 3 turns out to be good it was because Reynolds and his creative team, exactly like Guardians 3 with Gunn

Also, this negativity towards CBM is not bias, is a well known feeling across the GA, people are really tired of people in spandex suits I guess.

No people are tired for a CM like Aquabro or Antman or The Marvels 

29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It's a CBM thread in 2024, did you expect anything different?

Recency bias is a hell of a drug.

Nah 4 out 6 CBMS bombed in 2023.

There is nothing crazy about the pessimism here.

At the start of 2023 ,thread was pretty hyped for quantumania ,presales were strong ,then the movie happened and the rest was history.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

decent casting but I really don't see why some people think this will be the comeback or big success they want. The poor box office of the 3 existing F4 movies surely demonstrates there is no big fandom for these characters.

The 2005 film didn’t exactly flop. That was why it got a sequel. 

48 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Nah 4 out 6 CBMS bombed in 2023.

There is nothing crazy about the pessimism here.

At the start of 2023 ,thread was pretty hyped for quantumania ,presales were strong ,then the movie happened and the rest was history.

Hence the term "recency bias":

Recency bias is a cognitive bias that favors recent events over historic ones; a memory bias. Recency bias gives "greater importance to the most recent event",[1] such as the final lawyer's closing argument a jury hears before being dismissed to deliberate.

Recency bias should not be confused with anchoring or confirmation bias. Recency bias is related to the serial-position effect known as the recency effect. It is not to be confused with recency illusion, the belief or impression that a word or language usage is of recent origin when in reality it is long-established.

People have been throwing the word "reactionary" around meaning folks have been reacting in a knee-jerk pessimistic way to any and all CBM news, but there was pushback to using that word (and I suppose justifiably so).  So I decided to use a more appropriate term.

And, given the very long track record of Marvel success, I do in fact think people are giving undue weight to recent events.

No more, no less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1