eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

5 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

If filming begins in August then there is no way it will release in July 2025. That is less than a year turnaround for a vfx heavy movie. 

I see another delay. Maybe November or December 2025 if Avatar 3 gets delayed to December 2026. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Didn’t Pedro Pascal finish filming season two of TLoU? Why can’t filming begin sooner? 

He does have another show/movie lined up this year, you know. :redcapes:

Spoiler

I am of course referring to A24's Eddington.  What did you think I was referring to? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Didn’t Pedro Pascal finish filming season two of TLoU? Why can’t filming begin sooner? 

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, jokes aside, the Mando movie is allegedly penciled in to start filming in June.  Now yes, there is the big song and dance about just how much Pedro Pascal has physically been on set for Mando.

But for an honest-to-goodness movie?  Have to think LFL/Disney is gonna want him on set as much as scheduling allows.  And June + July offers a tidy window for his shots.  Mind, dude is a busy actor (hence my quip about Eddington) so he might have something else planned then. Or maybe he wants to take time off.

But June/July on Mando then Aug-Whenever for F4 then Whenever to Whenever for pickups/reshoots for Mando.  Again presuming he has more presence on set than he did for S3 (which admittedly is a fairly big presumption).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

And he does need some down time to just plain rest and relax; you don't want him showing up for the filming of Fantastic Four exhausted.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Porthos said:

Okay, jokes aside, the Mando movie is allegedly penciled in to start filming in June.  Now yes, there is the big song and dance about just how much Pedro Pascal has physically been on set for Mando.

But for an honest-to-goodness movie?  Have to think LFL/Disney is gonna want him on set as much as scheduling allows.  And June + July offers a tidy window for his shots.  Mind, dude is a busy actor (hence my quip about Eddington) so he might have something else planned then. Or maybe he wants to take time off.

But June/July on Mando then Aug-Whenever for F4 then Whenever to Whenever for pickups/reshoots for Mando.  Again presuming he has more presence on set than he did for S3 (which admittedly is a fairly big presumption).

I am sure since the ultimate boss is for both SW and Marvel is Disney, they have already worked out a schedule for the guy.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah it's very unlikely Lucasfilm and Marvel can't work out his schedule, especially since Pascal does not need to be on set for Mando in a way he does have to be for FF

Yeah, since the same guy is writing the checks for both companies, they will come to a pretty easy deal on a schedule.

22 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

If filming begins in August then there is no way it will release in July 2025. That is less than a year turnaround for a vfx heavy movie. 

I see another delay. Maybe November or December 2025 if Avatar 3 gets delayed to December 2026. 

Sony would call December dibs for Spider-Man 4 if Avatar is pushed to 2026. I see an Eternals/NWH situation then with FF4 releasing in the first week of November.

They should've put Cap 4 out this year, not like there is a shortage of release dates in Q4. Because now 2025 & 2026 look really stacked in terms of CBMs, while this year has only 3 big ones and 2 Sony duds. 

Edited by Bob Train

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't see why moving back Avatar would mean FF gets delayed at all. 

Avatar moving back won't delay FF. FF starting shoots in August will delay FF.

If Avatar moves then December becomes prime property again. But Sony will grab it for Spidey coz Marvel can't challenge them over it as FF is no competition for the wall crawler. So I suspect FF will take traditional MCU release date, the first week of November instead.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Other than James Cameron's long history of pushing back the release dates for his Avatar movies, is there any reason to believe Avatar 3 will get another delay? 

Not really. But it is possible if only due to the sheer scale of production. But there's no indication one way or another.

• Like 2

There’s no reason to treat it like a given that Avatar 3 will be delayed again. There have been no warning signs of that so far. 

If Fantastic Four can’t make its July date, and assuming the next MCU Spider-Man is coming out that year (though it apparently doesn’t have a production start date yet, according to Variety), I suppose they could try for September, while Spider-Man releases in November. 

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Well that would suck. Please be false!

I think it's a great idea for several reasons. We have a universe we actually care about, so when it's all destroyed later, we have some connection to it. And it's kinda unbelievable to have them in the main MCU, but never mentioned?? (We have done this a few times now already (Cpt Marvel, Eternals etc)...)

• Disbelief 1