eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

3 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Outside of the aesthetics, it'd be interesting cause it'd mean they'd be practically seperate from the MCU.

yes, and given how exhausted audiences are getting with inter-connectivity and perceived ‘homework’ that can only be a plus.  

22 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

yes, and given how exhausted audiences are getting with inter-connectivity and perceived ‘homework’ that can only be a plus.  

People that didn't watch the D+ Marvel shows not knowing who 2 of the leads were in The Marvels really contributed to that movie flopping.

Disney getting another bomb coming with the Mandalorian movie.

Putting D+ people as leads just doesn't work.

F4 being a clean start should really help the movie, outside of the stupid Reed death in MoM.

12 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

People that didn't watch the D+ Marvel shows not knowing who 2 of the leads were in The Marvels really contributed to that movie flopping.

Disney getting another bomb coming with the Mandalorian movie. Putting D+ people as leads just doesn't work.

Plenty of hit TV shows have generated successful films and Mando was clearly one of the biggest TV shows of 2020 with large follow-up seasons. 

I think it's notable this is being sold as "Mando: the movie" and not "the theatrical conclusion of the Star Wars TV universe (building off of old cable TV kids shows)

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

1 hour ago, justnumbers said:

Let's be real. More than recency bias, some folks here just want to see this franchise crater and anything suggesting otherwise makes their brain boil and it's funny how some try to hide it by trying to sound reasonable. But there's also a specific individual who just hates anything related to Disney and we all know who that is. And as obnoxious as he is, I pray to God he has someone to look over him because I suspect he won't be having a lot of fun when Inside Out 2 and Deadpool 3 comes out.

I just find it funny that these folks are the ones talking the most about the MCU than even the ones who enjoy it here.

Yep everybody is sick of CBM's and the MCU but what threads on here have the most activity. Like I am not a horror movie person  for the most part, so I don't get on those threads and comment when trailers drop or news break's about them. 

I think this can be big. While the previous Fantastic Four movies didn't do much at the box office, I think the team is perceived as iconic, and also important in the Marvel canon. If it looks good in the trailers and gets an over 90% RT score I bet this will be very successful.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I think this can be big. While the previous Fantastic Four movies didn't do much at the box office, I think the team is perceived as iconic, and also important in the Marvel canon. If it looks good in the trailers and gets an over 90% RT score I bet this will be very successful.

Yeah the more I think about it the more optimistic I get about its chances. If they really commit to the 60s aesthetic (which the director/Marvel has already shown with WandaVision) then it could really stand out from other recent CBMs and other films in the summer. Even the new logo stands out.

Why are people on Twitter suddenly so anti-Joseph Quinn? Wasn’t he basically the standout character that everybody loved in season 5 of Stranger Things? He’s got the right kind of energy for Johnny Storm in my opinion, really don’t see the issue.

Although why am I paying any attention to the morons on Twitter when they’ve also spent the last 24 hours trying to make out like the awful Jessica Alba Fantastic Four’s are misunderstood masterpieces…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Why are people on Twitter suddenly so anti-Joseph Quinn? Wasn’t he basically the standout character that everybody loved in season 5 of Stranger Things? He’s got the right kind of energy for Johnny Storm in my opinion, really don’t see the issue.

Although why am I paying any attention to the morons on Twitter when they’ve also spent the last 24 hours trying to make out like the awful Jessica Alba Fantastic Four’s are misunderstood masterpieces…

They don’t think he’s hot enough to play Johnny Storm.

• Haha 1

The bar is so low for a Fantastic 4 movie. Even with Marvel being shaky at best, lately, I can't imagine them screwing up worse than the previous attempts. 

Edited by JWR

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

Pedro played Mando throuth the TV shows; he "acted" with body language in a lot of the scenes.  Acting not just about the voice, or even facial expressions, you know.

As a point of order, I don't think Pedro Pascal acted on set for much or any of Season 3 as he was tied up with TLOU. 

And, yes, in this punter's opinion the quality of the acting suffered quite a bit.  He was "on set" for much more of Season 2 (and I believe a fair amount of Season 1) and I do think there was a noticeable difference in the acting when it came to body language and what not.

That being said, it's one thing to not be on set for parts of/most of a TV series.  Movie production is a whole 'nudder ballpark and I would expect Pedro Pascal to be at least as on-call as he was for Seasons 1/2 and in turn for that to effect the production schedule of other projects like this one.

(or at least he'd better be)

Edited by Porthos

On 2/14/2024 at 4:52 PM, Barnack said:

I think this is a low floor, high ceiling affair.

Yes CBM does not guarantee success and it will need for its trailers to convince people, but if it does, that period, the machine around to sell it and distribute it, the 4 quadrant, action-comedy, it can be big. FIrst time movie director,,, we will not know until we do.

For me it's kind of the opposite. I think both F4 and Supes have a high floor but a low ceiling. I think there will be enough initial interest from the respective fanbases and both films can make $500M

Just don't think there will be enough GA interest to propel both films to say $700M+

5 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

For me it's kind of the opposite. I think both F4 and Supes have a high floor but a low ceiling. I think there will be enough initial interest from the respective fanbases and both films can make $500M

Just don't think there will be enough GA interest to propel both films to say $700M+

Feel that for supes, I just feel this could be very low friction, Guardians of the Galaxy/The incredibles trailers and reception, well play the 60s astheatic, etc... can see this making 800m.

Terrible trailers-reception can see that easily go lower than Ant Man, closer to the Marvels.

Edited by Barnack

11 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Twitter has always skewed as not real life. But since it was bought, it is actually not real life. Completely removed from reality.

• Like 2

I have said it before and I will say it again. The 2000's Fantastic Four films were the tonality blueprint for the MCU. It's the same combo of clownish/manchild humor, lack of lasting consequences beyond the origin and weak villains. It's hard to argue otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:51 PM, Mojoguy said:

F4 being a clean start should really help the movie, outside of the stupid Reed death in MoM.

Feige such a petty king. You can tell he secretly loathed the Krasinski fancasts as much as the Inhumans.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1