Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Marvel going back to mostly white cast again seems interesting

No matter how they cast Doom, some segment will not be happy! 😁 

4 hours ago, Belakor said:

Another disaster flop is happening. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952nh74wahmk2jjch2wd4

27 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

No one wants this version of silver surfer. Bombs away. 

You guys really can't help telling on yourselves, can you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Didn't Feige want Adam Driver for the role ? Maybe get Jake Lloyd?

Um... you may not know, but Jake Lloyd is suffering from schizophrenia. Well, suffering's not the right word, but neither is "recovering".  On reflection, I suppose "dealing with" might be the best phrase I can come up with in a moment's notice.

Here's the latest on how he's doing and how he's getting better with the help of his family and a lot of hard work on his part.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Marvel going back to mostly white cast again seems interesting

I'm going to assume the choice to make the traditional Surfer's wife into the Surfer might just be to add some diversity to the cast, since the Fantastic Four is kind of a sausage fest. I don't think that has anything to do with Pedro being Reed though. That choice is likely because he is a popular and highly capable leading man who can pull off a fatherly aura effortlessly whenever they decide to bring the Richards kids in.

As for this Surfer choice, while I am perfectly willing to go in with an open mind, I am pretty disappointed we're not getting Norrin Radd, as I feel the character has never been done true justice on film so far. Making his lover the Surfer instead comes across as weird to me, especially since apparently she was only ever in the role in one panel in an alternate universe story.

Granted, the movie is all but confirmed to take place outside of the proper Marvel universe, and that Surfer mention could just be speculation on Deadline's end. But if she is actually the Surfer and gets all the elements associated with that, then that'd make Norrin a lot less special, and it'd probably make a lot more sense to just make Garner the main Surfer of the MCU to avoid audience confusion. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

On a side note, this is a decent indication that Mila Kunis really was considered for The Thing at some point. I also wouldn't be surprised if they give Wolverine the similar treatment and start off with his daughter Laura instead, in order to differentiate and distance themselves from the overwhelming presence of Hugh Jackman's Logan.

5 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm going to assume the choice to make the traditional Surfer's wife into the Surfer might just be to add some diversity to the cast, since the Fantastic Four is kind of a sausage fest. I don't think that has anything to do with Pedro being Reed though. That choice is likely because he is a popular and highly capable leading man who can pull off a fatherly aura effortlessly whenever they decide to bring the Richards kids in.

As for this Surfer choice, while I am perfectly willing to go in with an open mind, I am pretty disappointed we're not getting Norrin Radd, as I feel the character has never been done true justice on film so far. Making his lover the Surfer instead comes across as weird to me, especially since apparently she was only ever in the role in one panel in an alternate universe story.

Granted, the movie is all but confirmed to take place outside of the proper Marvel universe, and that Surfer mention could just be speculation on Deadline's end. But if she is actually the Surfer and gets all the elements associated with that, then that'd make Norrin a lot less special, and it'd probably make a lot more sense to just make Garner the main Surfer of the MCU to avoid audience confusion. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

On a side note, this is a decent indication that Mila Kunis really was considered for The Thing at some point. I also wouldn't be surprised if they give Wolverine the similar treatment and start off with his daughter Laura instead, in order to differentiate and distance themselves from the overwhelming presence of Hugh Jackman's Logan.

we will see how this goes, F4ntatic had good actors too , script and execution always been  the problem

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Also shows that they didn’t watch that episode of South Park all the way through to the credits too…

It's funny how that gif with Cartman Kennedy keeps on getting reused but no one understands the point of it or that episode when they you use it lol.

• Like 2