sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yes, everyone who dunks on the lion king is a Disney hater.

I don’t think @Finnick is calling TOG a Disney hater. Opinions on TLK, other remakes, etc. are valid and fair. It’s just that there’s a lot of redundancy in these threads. Saying an opinion once or twice is fine, saying it 10+ times gets old and that causes others who feel differently to be defensive and so the cycle continues. I have no issues with someone calling out Disney or whatever studio for what they think are poor actions, but some people do take it further than necessary. To the point that it isn’t as fun to come on here sometimes and it starts resembling the TLJ fiasco with both sides sniping at each other. Sometimes it’s okay to just let someone’s opinion go and not respond as though it’s an attack against you or what you like. But when someone disparages something you like multiple times, it can be difficult. That’s why I wish people would show some restraint in doing things like repeating the same joke 50 times. Anyway, it’s fine to dislike the remakes, but we’ve seen the same people state the same opinions countless times and it’s getting annoying. Just like it’s annoying to post the same favorable opinion about a movie or studio countless times. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This is when I feel the need to point out that the 2nd best movie of all time is not even rated fresh by rt.com critics:)...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/clue

And that audience score?  Revisionist history by folks who finally realized its greatness...b/c it sure didn't get those grades when it came out, either:)...

hell, 2001 a space odyssey got bad reviews when it came out, and now widely regarded as one of the greatest films of all time.

perhaps the same will happen to jon favreau's The Lion king.

Edited by Avatree
  • Haha 1

Just now, Avatree said:

hell, 2001 a space odyssey got bad reviews when it came out, and now widely regarded as one of the greatest films of all time.

perhaps the same will happen to the Lion king.

lol. Kind of doubt that. I mean there's an original people love.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Because we're that bad as a species?

Yes , we’re the only species in the universe who made something like Twilight a hit and now we must pay the price for our sins. A small price to pay for our salvation.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yes, everyone who dunks on the lion king is a Disney hater.

No, but everyone who reacts to each and every news posted all over BOT in an anti whatever Disney does, seems to be. Especially if wording it like what they do is something only they do, ignoring all in the business do the same.

And even twisting details to something else = that makes it very tiresome at best

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Yes , we’re the only species in the universe who made something like Twilight a hit and now we must pay the price for our sins. A small price to pay for our salvation.

Twilight is a good film.

I wonder have you ever watched it?

38 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You realize you have permission to say Titanic sucked right? No law against it.

Sure of course I do. I can say all sorts of ridiculous things I don't believe but for what reason? To get a reaction out of someone? Nah I'm good

18 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Can’t we all at least be happy and thankful that Aladdin, Toy Story 4, SM: Far from Home & The Lion King has gotten/will be over $1B+ WW, when it’s all said and done?

Nope you have to hate them. Cinema is dying! Argh. We must root for failure of Disney or we shall perish!

21 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Can’t we all at least be happy and thankful that Aladdin, Toy Story 4, SM: Far from Home & The Lion King has gotten/will be over $1B+ WW, when it’s all said and done?

I mean, I like looking at big numbers as much as anyone, but I"m not happy for that sake alone.

22 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Twilight is a good film.

I wonder have you ever watched it?

Is it? I like it because I like all Werewolf and Vampire movies. I have total bias. Give all of them to me. Can't wait for the new blade. Don't even care if it lives up Wesley Snipes still gonna love it. Team Edward ftw

Edited by cdsacken

Just now, cdsacken said:

Is it? I like because I like all Werewolf and Vampire movies. I have total bias. Give all of them to me. Can't wait for the new blade. Don't even care if it lives up Wesley Snipes still gonna love it. Team Edward ftw

what the hell does Twilight have to do with Blade a marvel superhero lol.

52 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If WB were doing the same thing that Disney is doing you bet your ass I'd be complaining.  And they sure as hell aren't innocent either with the amount of sequels/remakes they greenlight per year, but at least there's attempts to do originality every now and then

But Disney as a corporate company would like to maximize their profits. That is the reason they are doing this remake schtick.. Also for Disney+ they need content that is why so many remakes and sequels this year. 

18 minutes ago, Avatree said:

is toy story 4 on track for a billion? I think it's more likely to end up high 900s.

There's $70M minimum coming from Japan following projections it will be at $40M by Sunday, $50M at least domestically, 11 countries yet to come including Germany and still a reasonable amount overseas, you can doubt about $1,1B but certainly not about $1B. In 2 weeks it's done at worst.

Edited by Bagatelle31