sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Kong Skull Island numbers would be great, that's what I mean. But after WB saying that they will delay GvK to change it in response to audience disliking KOTM.... some things can't be fixed.

I just suspect they have made it way more like KOTM than like Godzilla 14 or K:SI so it will suck and might open OK but people won't enjoy it.

I can see that especially in March as being so close to Onward and Mulan will hurt.

People have been clamouring for a Black Widow film since The Avengers. Any film with one of the original Avengers I believe will do really well. There's something premium that they feel over post-2012 characters like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Kong Skull Island numbers would be great, that's what I mean. But after WB saying that they will delay GvK to change it in response to audience disliking KOTM.... some things can't be fixed.

I just suspect they have made it way more like KOTM than like Godzilla 14 or K:SI so it will suck and might open OK but people won't enjoy it.

I'm pretty sure audience reception for KoTM is better than Godzilla 14.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

2 hours 45 minutes!

Endgame was three hours long, if the film interest people, then it should be fine.

The main concern would be whether or not the first film had the novelty due to the appeal of kids in supernatural situations. Or WB’s recent marketing blunders.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

13 minutes ago, TMP said:

lso, Black Widow is probably winning the summer. The combination of that + ScarJo's possible Oscar win for the new Baumbach film is probably gonna set film twitter on fire though, lol.

sure jan GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

sure jan GIF

Small sample size :P Also, not sure IGN's readership is the best place to get a balanced take on a female-led superhero film...

Edited by TMP
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

But even though okay is better than bad, it won’t be enough to turn heads around. Besides I think they all had the same CinemaScore 

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

They were both poorly received. It's true that fans of Kaiju genre enjoyed KOTM more, no doubt, but most people who watched each film do not fall into that category.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Endgame was three hours long, if the film interest people, then it should be fine.

The main concern would be whether or not the first film had the novelty due to the appeal of kids in supernatural situations. Or WB’s recent marketing blunders.

Marketing seems pretty meh for It 2 seeing as it opens in just over a month.

• Like 3

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

Marketing seems pretty meh for It 2 seeing as it opens in just over a month.

^See that’s what we should be concerned about and not runtime.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Why would WW drop big as the original was well liked? 

It might not drop big, but even Deadpool 2 decreased. 

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yeah cause waiting 3 years hurt GV2, AMatW, DOFP, and the four year wait killed Ragnarok. 

Wonder Woman’s first film was significantly above all of those first films domestically though. It’s hard to maintain that level. More room to fall. 

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Small sample size :P

The Widow movie is such a non-event. It will

test the true star power of the MCU: the MCU itself. How many of the fans that view an MCU OW like a normal “new comics Wednesday” will rush out? If Widow actually wants to make a run for the #1 crown, her legs will need to be amazing. 

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Small sample size :P Also, not sure IGN's readership is the best place to get a balanced take on a female-led superhero film...

That’s also a good point but I do think while this will be the most female skewing and that IGN isn’t the best place to judge it’s still a CBM and will be a bit more male skewing than most blockbusters and due to the prequel plot amongst other things, and lack of Avengers to help a boost, that it seems more likely to be a TWS than a CW.

My guess is that Soul will win the summer. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

ScarJo isn't winning (or even getting nominated for an Oscar). Last time she has great (on-screen) dramatic performance was 16 years ago.

Noah Baumbach tho. It's also going in competition at Venice, so ScarJo must have been impressive in it since it's a two-hander with Adam Driver.