A Marvel Fanboy

Haunted Mansion | July 28, 2023 | Tiffany Haddish, Lakeith Stanfield | Justin Simien directs, Katie Dippold writes

1 hour ago, handofjustice said:

i think that the name haunted mansion will remove some collections from the film since many people don't know what a mansion is

should have named it haunted palace or haunted big house

i don't understand why marketing department don't consider this stuff 

Are you serious with this stuff? 

1 hour ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I know how they can save this movie.

Remove all Disney branding....sell it as a "film about what happens if you don't go to church enough" and do the buy one, give one ticket model. Market exclusive on steve bannons podcast. Boom you made an extra 45 million. 

Who does it need saving. It’s tracking well and pre sales are good 

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Jamie Lee Curtis posted a final promo post on social media, saying it’ll be her last until a deal is reached in the strike and that other actors should do the same. Refuse to promote even on socials until a deal is reached. 

I dig that and hope it takes off. That's one way to show this strike is about to be real and to hurry along getting things resolved (reasonably).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PrinceRico said:

Who does it need saving. It’s tracking well and pre sales are good 

Figures, please?

And I see your humor meter is broken for taking that post as a serious suggestion.

Edited by dudalb

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Will this get a China release? I remember Ghostbusters 2016 getting banned because it had… ghosts. 

Well, there is a Haunted Mansion in both China Disneylands (Hong Kong and Shanghai).

But, yeah, I don't get the attitude toward ghosts. I can understand...if hate, despise and deplore..banning a film for political reasons, but for ghosts???

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Well, there is a Haunted Mansion in both China Disneylands (Hong Kong and Shanghai).

But, yeah, I don't get the attitude toward ghosts. I can understand...if hate, despise and deplore..banning a film for political reasons, but for ghosts???

Related to Chinese spiritual beliefs and religion. 
2 most sensitive topics: politics and religion. 

Just now, Claudio said:

Related to Chinese spiritual beliefs and religion. 
2 most sensitive topics: politics and religion. 

Still wierd.

But then I despise XI and the CCP anyway, I hate dictatorships, period.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Still wierd.

But then I despise XI and the CCP anyway, I hate dictatorships, period.

But hey, I heard they changed the person in charged for censorship, eased the restrictions and loosen up the regulations to Hollywood last year. Means China becomes friendlier to Hollywood than before. So maybe there’s very thin slim hope it’ll be released…. But probably still not. Fingers crossed.

Just now, Claudio said:

But hey, I heard they changed the person in charged for censorship, eased the restrictions and loosen up the regulations to Hollywood last year. Means China becomes friendlier to Hollywood than before. So maybe there’s very thin slim hope it’ll be released…. But probably still not. Fingers crossed.

Sorry, my issues withe Xi and the CCP go way beyond movies. Ask the people of Hong Kong about that. Also ask why all theri neighbors are increasing their military budgets.

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

There actually isn't a Haunted Mansion in either Hong Kong or Shanghai Disneyland. There is a pseduo replacement at Hong Kong called Mystic Manor which doesn't have any ghosts whatsoever and is just about a magical music box making artifacts come to life.

The trailers are surprisingly nice IMO. Lighthearted, funny, also a bit scary. The movie could have charm and I think it will find its audience.

From what I read in the Buzz and Tracking Thread the presales are pretty good so far.

On 7/12/2023 at 5:04 PM, el sid said:

The trailers are surprisingly nice IMO. Lighthearted, funny, also a bit scary. The movie could have charm and I think it will find its audience.

From what I read in the Buzz and Tracking Thread the presales are pretty good so far.

I still think it’s weird they aren’t releasing this in October, which has no family films scheduled. But it may pull in some family audiences that arent interested in seeing Barbie. Specifically the underserved African American audience, which turned out for TLM. 

• Like 2