A Marvel Fanboy

Haunted Mansion | July 28, 2023 | Tiffany Haddish, Lakeith Stanfield | Justin Simien directs, Katie Dippold writes

3 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Why on earth is this movie releasing in July, just a week after Barbie/Oppenheimer when August is so open ?

Because they want it out on Disney+ in October but at the same time they want a big theatrical window until then.

• Like 2

Prolbem is how do you raise the scare factor but not make it too scary for kids.

Haunted Mansion if my favorite Disney ride.

On Disney Plus they have a series called 'The Imagnieers". It is supposedly about how the Disney rides were diesinged, and it does cover that in great detail, but ti goes beyond and beomes a general history of the Disney Theme Parks, including the business angles.

The Haunted Manison might have been the most difficult of all the Disney rides to design.

Thye built eh mansion in 1963, but it was not until 1969 that it opened. Getting the effects they wanted proved to be more difficult then anybody imiganined. The empty mansion on New Orleand Sqaure became a joke in the LA media .

Mentioned in the tracking thread the other week that Disney is likely banking on this having a solid turnout from underserved demographics since everyone has probably assumed that the demographic breakdowns for Barbie and Oppenheimer will be very Caucasian heavy (the latter, which might be zero competition for this to begin with since it's rated R, seems especially certain to lean towards older white crowds). This won't open any higher than Jungle Cruise did (and in fact will perhaps barely hit $30M even if reviews are positive), but given that the release schedule after this is looking to be a potential wasteland until Equalizer 3, it could be one to look out for in terms of staying power.

18 minutes ago, handofjustice said:

i think that the name haunted mansion will remove some collections from the film since many people don't know what a mansion is

should have named it haunted palace or haunted big house

i don't understand why marketing department don't consider this stuff 

… what?

I mean the general audience aren’t geniuses, but you don’t need to be an intellectual to know what a mansion is

11 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

… what?

I mean the general audience aren’t geniuses, but you don’t need to be an intellectual to know what a mansion is

i mean that is fair enough and you raise an esteemed point 

I just looked up definitions of mansion and my opinion is 
'haunted big house', 'haunted expensive house', 'haunted large house' , 'haunted 7bedroom house' could also be good alternate names 

mansion, I don't know if it gives the scale of the movie y'know? 
When you say 7 bedrooms, you know that the scale is truly huge 

Anyway we are all routing for this movie but budget is a bit too high that is the issue everyone agrees on

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, handofjustice said:

i mean that is fair enough and you raise an esteemed point 

I just looked up definitions of mansion and my opinion is 
'haunted big house', 'haunted expensive house', 'haunted large house' , 'haunted 7bedroom house' could also be good alternate names 

mansion, I don't know if it gives the scale of the movie y'know? 
When you say 7 bedrooms, you know that the scale is truly huge 

Anyway we are all routing for this movie but budget is a bit too high that is the issue everyone agrees on

Haunted 7 Bedroom House goes hard ngl 🔥

• Like 2