Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Wtf is going on! Higher than OD.

This is truly incredible for Top Gun, and today it should surely stay flat/slightly increase as tomorrow and Friday are both holidays.

Looking like the 5 day could stay nearly flat from the opening 5 days.

Tue 2.9 (~£21.3m total) 

Wed 3

Thu 2.5

Fri 3

Sat 3.5

Sun 2.5

£14.5m 5 day (9% drop), and £35.8m total (~$45m) 

It will be difficult to predict increases over the weekend, I have a feeling they will be quite muted due to the extended holiday.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

This is truly incredible for Top Gun, and today it should surely stay flat/slightly increase as tomorrow and Friday are both holidays.

Tue 2.9 (~£21.3m total) 

Wed 3

Thu 2.5

Fri 3

Sat 3.5

Sun 2.5

It will be difficult to predict increases over the weekend, I have a feeling they will be quite muted due to the extended holiday.

THU is holiday no? Should be 4M range.

55 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

THU is holiday no? Should be 4M range.

It is. I think maybe it stays flat, but doubt it increases that much to £4m.

This is already skewing older which means that weekday performance even without holidays is stronger than family films. Also the fact that premium formats are limited but in high demand, as well as the extended holiday may mean business is more spread out. Quite difficult to predict, but given this is already performing at such a high level, I don’t see big increases even with the holidays.

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

Tue 2.9 (~£21.3m total) 

Wed 3

Thu 2.5

Fri 3

Sat 3.5

Sun 2.5

Crazy that this would make it #1 Tom Cruise in the UK by end of day on its second SAT, just 11 days in release!

I wonder how high it can go!

5 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

today is the first day my cinema has a show which isn't sold out (the 11.30am). it's still 80% full, but not sure if that means demand is burning off, or if local factors are at play

Is it possible that big number for monday to tuesday because half term holiday too as one of the factor ? So it will drop bigger next monday and tuesday.

A surprising turnout for Men tonight (nothing crazy but compared to something like the Night House this may have well as been a packed cinema) and a shockingly respectful audience considering the film. I'm wondering if Top Gun: Maverick had spillover or it's a fluke. 

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

WED or THU? If its WED how much are THU presales up from WED?

Thursday looks down from weds around me, lots of jubilee celebrations going on. BUT, when I left the gym 15 minutes ago, the car park around the cinema was absolutely heaving already

• Like 1