Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Around £2.7m for Top Gun yesterday. Thought it would have been higher to be honest

I guessed a £15m five day so it looks like I went too high. We’ll see though!

Tonight looked significantly quieter, so it’ll be interesting if we see a Thursday number. 

It’s half term and jubilee double bank holiday this week. Thurs-Sun should be gangbusters, and word of mouth will be euphoric going into those days. 

only thing working against the movie beyond that is the dinosaur movie contractually coming to take away its PLF screens on June 10th. 

13 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I feel cinemas would be better served just turning ScreenX screens back in to regular ones 😅

Our only ScreenX is always very empty. I usually check and even with big releases it only sells when other normal shows are sold out (unlike XVision, 4DX, ATMOS and IMAX, which sell incredibly well even if there are regular shows available at the same time). Seems like people don't like the format at all.

9 hours ago, CJohn said:

Our only ScreenX is always very empty. I usually check and even with big releases it only sells when other normal shows are sold out (unlike XVision, 4DX, ATMOS and IMAX, which sell incredibly well even if there are regular shows available at the same time). Seems like people don't like the format at all.

ScreenX is a rip off. I know there’s more footage for Top Gun at around 50 minutes, but it’s still just redundant visual information being awkwardly projected on the walls, often with the bright green fire exit sign smack bang in the middle of one of the wall screens. It’s been so unpopular at my local Cineworld that they often just use it as a regular screen.

I don’t know why anyone would choose it over IMAX or Dolby. All that said though, I don’t like 4DX either, it’s cinema for people who can’t stay focused on the film and need to be sprayed in the face with water and shaken about to keep their attention. 4DX is fine for theme park rides like the Transformers and Harry Potter attractions at Universal, but not for a full length film. It gets old, very fast.

Going to see Top Gun tonight. Screening is 6 hours away and it’s about 90% full (440+ seater) already. 

The afternoon/early evening showings are much busier than the late night ones. Funny to see that as I only usually look for horror films. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Considering FRI was 3.3, that means ehh jump on SAT? Was expecting atleast 11.5 (3.25 4.5 3.75)

Wouldn’t call it “ehh” because remember, Wednesday and Thursday were full wide release days, not previews. And it’s not a holiday weekend either, that’s next weekend.