Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

I think you meant Film opening on Saturday on Standard Weekend (Fri-Sun) isn't counted on weekend frame and later be fulfilled on next upcoming weekend.... Do you have any examples?

The most famous example is Spectre back in 2015. The opening weekend was touted as a record £40m, but counted all takings from 7pm on Monday through to the end of Sunday. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

I think you meant Film opening on Saturday on Standard Weekend (Fri-Sun) isn't counted on weekend frame and later be fulfilled on next upcoming weekend.... Do you have any examples?

Family films often have “previews” where they play from morning to night all day for a full Saturday and Sunday and then the studio reports them in with its weekend opening when it opens properly. 

34 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Was TB similar ?

The Batman was a normal 3 day, opened on Friday 4th of March without any previews or early screenings here in the UK. It had genuine midnights (00.01).

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Family films often have “previews” where they play from morning to night all day for a full Saturday and Sunday and then the studio reports them in with its weekend opening when it opens properly. 

The Batman was a normal 3 day, opened on Friday 4th of March without any previews or early screenings here in the UK. It had genuine midnights (00.01).

Actually, there were some 7pm IMAX shows on the Thursday night, but that's about it

• Like 1

From Friday onwards: Unbearable Weight, Operation Mincemeat and The Bad Guys are gone at my local. 

4 showtimes each for new openers Father Stu and Firestarter. 

Doctor Strange 2 is actually gaining a showtime. 

The Little Mix concert could do quite well on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

From Friday onwards: Unbearable Weight, Operation Mincemeat and The Bad Guys are gone at my local. 

4 showtimes each for new openers Father Stu and Firestarter. 

Doctor Strange 2 is actually gaining a showtime. 

The Little Mix concert could do quite well on Saturday. 

You guys aren't getting Everything Everywhere? Boooo! 

43 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You guys aren't getting Everything Everywhere? Boooo! 

Strangely, I’m actually seeing it there tomorrow night! 

My other nearest is showing it from Friday, but only 3 times a day. Seems to be relatively limited. 

I havent seen a shred of advertising to be honest, not even on social media. 

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Strangely, I’m actually seeing it there tomorrow night! 

My other nearest is showing it from Friday, but only 3 times a day. Seems to be relatively limited. 

I havent seen a shred of advertising to be honest, not even on social media. 

Feels like they're really missing a trick with this movie. Hopefully word of mouth carries it like it has in the US

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Everything Everywhere All At Once is selling very well at my local, the 7:30 showing on Friday that I’m going to is down to the front row on a mid size screen, wouldn’t be surprised if they ditched a Fantastic Beasts to open another screen.

My unlimited screening was packed last night, glad they put it on the biggest screen too (even though this cinema aren’t bothering to show it again).

The film was…. Everything. 

Haven’t had an audience laugh out loud as much since maybe Bridesmaids. 

• Like 1