Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

On 9/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, Krissykins said:

My local Cineworld closed its SuperScreen a few weeks ago and they announced today it’s changing to IMAX with laser, sounds promising. 

And guess what the first film showing on the brand new IMAX screen is?

Halloween Ends! 

Tickets booked for Friday. Feels like the perfect pairing for me!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Smile was number 1 again yesterday, it was actually up 50% on last friday!

Don't Worry Darling #2, then close between Ticket To Paradise and The Woman King for #3 and #4.

Amsterdam was #5 and The Lost King #7

Yeah this doesn’t surprise me, my showing of The Woman King was fairly quiet last night, but a showing of Smile finished around the same time and it looked to have been packed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Smile was number 1 again yesterday, it was actually up 50% on last friday!

Don't Worry Darling #2, then close between Ticket To Paradise and The Woman King for #3 and #4.

Amsterdam was #5 and The Lost King #7

The Woman King is fantastic so hopefully it still does decently in the longer run. 

That’s amazing for Smile, that WOM. 

#WEEKEND FIGURES 

Film Distributor Weeks on release Weekend Total Total Box Office
1 Smile Paramount 2 £1,715,678 £4,751,848
2 The Woman King Entertainment One UK 1 £1,308,685 £1,308,685
3 Don’t Worry Darling Warner Bros. 3 £1,020,083 £8,209,397
4 Ticket To Paradise Universal Pictures 3 £861,172 £6,730,687
5 Amsterdam Walt Disney 1 £632,722 £632,722
6 Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris Universal Pictures 2 £514,977 £2,245,532
7 The Lost King Pathe 1 £368,753 £368,753
8 Ponniyin Selvan: I DJ Tech LTD 2 £188,995 £188,995
9 Minions 2: The Rise Of Gru Universal Pictures 15 £165,586 £45,951,239
10 See How They Run Walt Disney 5 £111,325 £4,565,454
11 DC League Of Super-Pets Warner Bros. 11 £110,873 £15,538,853
12 Babe Bhangra Paunde Ne White Hill Studios 1 £100,437 £100,437
13 Godfather Dreamz Entertainment 1 £93,212 £93,212
14 Moonage Daydream Universal Pictures 4 £84,176 £84,176
15 Tad The Lost Explorer And The Curse Of The Mummy Paramount 5 £65,372 £1,684,405

Source: Comscore

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Incredible for Smile. 

First film with an 18 rating to top the box office since The Invisible Man in February 2020. 

The Invisible Man was actually cut for a 15 rating theatrically (the cut is so minor that you barely even notice), so it’ll be even further back than that!

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

The Invisible Man was actually cut for a 15 rating theatrically (the cut is so minor that you barely even notice), so it’ll be even further back than that!

You know I seen Screen Daily’s article and I was thinking, was that really an 18? 

I wonder what was then, maybe Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

42 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

BFI IMAX ARE REPLACING THEIR SEATS! This is the best movie news of 2022 bar none! 

Fingers crossed I can finally watch a film there without becoming intimately acquainted with the knees of the person behind me! Infinity War felt like 4DX for me…

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You know I seen Screen Daily’s article and I was thinking, was that really an 18? 

I wonder what was then, maybe Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I think it must’ve been, I can’t think of any other particularly successful 18’s that came out after August 2019. Did Scream hit number 1?

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Fingers crossed I can finally watch a film there without becoming intimately acquainted with the knees of the person behind me! Infinity War felt like 4DX for me…

I think it must’ve been, I can’t think of any other particularly successful 18’s that came out after August 2019. Did Scream hit number 1?

Sadly no, I think it did on the Friday but Spider-Man was still #1. 

That’s the problem with some of the older IMAX screens, you can be crammed in like sardines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

That’s the problem with some of the older IMAX screens, you can be crammed in like sardines. 

Both of the main London ones are particularly bad for it, the IMAX with Laser in Sheffield is practically luxurious in terms of the seating and leg room in comparison.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Both of the main London ones are particularly bad for it, the IMAX with Laser in Sheffield is practically luxurious in terms of the seating and leg room in comparison.

Yeah, Leicester Square Cineworld isn't great either, the leg room is dreadful though at least the seats are a bit better than the BFI's were. I usually stick with my local IMAX in Crawley, same kind of deal with the seating and leg room. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Don't Worry Darling's success is baffling considering it's a mediocre film. I assume it's due to both Florence Pugh and Harry Styles? 

I think the controversy helped it, even if it was massively overblown. I’m sure Styles’ presence was a major factor for the sellouts on opening weekend though, that was definitely fan driven.

I actually quite liked it, I was a bit “eh” on it at first, but it’s grown on me the more I think about it. I feel like the critics had the knives out for it for some bizarre reason. I prefer Booksmart, and I can see it being divisive if you aren’t on board with the last half, but it’s hardly the career ruining mess that some have tried to paint it as for Olivia Wilde. I look forward to seeing what she does next.

4 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Don't Worry Darling's success is baffling considering it's a mediocre film. I assume it's due to both Florence Pugh and Harry Styles? 

Makes sense to me, I went to see it with my housemate tonight and she loooooved it, like super loved it, she hasn't liked a movie this much in ages. 

I thought it was eh, Pugh and some interesting ideas saved it from being a total waste

• Like 1