Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Avatar doing over £1m is impressive, bodes well for Avatar: The Way of Water. 

I think a lot of holdovers will be gone by mid October. I wonder if we'll see the presales open for Black Adam this week? I've already seen bus posters up already.

Edited by Jonwo

31 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

First time in a while that Cineworld has gone the other way. First one in Glasgow since the Science Center closed right?

Yes! The Science Centre one is still there, but Cineworld don’t run it anymore. 

Now it just shows those same shorts they’ve been showing since imax was invented, in space, under the sea etc, a waste of time. 

Ah Smile didn’t quite make it to number 1 for the three day, but did for the 5 day opening. Still a great result. 

Good holds for Dont Worry Darling and Ticket to Paradise too. 

1. Don’t Worry Darling (Warner Bros) £1.8m £6.2m 2
 2. Smile (Paramount) £1.5m £1.9m 1
 3. Ticket To Paradise (Universal) £1.3m £5.2m 2
 4. Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris (Universal) £806,794 £806,794 1
 5. Avatar re-release (Disney) £735,000 £2.4m

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jonwo said:

IMAX are usually really strict but I wonder if the Glasgow Centre IMAX will just be used for educational purposes much like the Science Museum IMAX. 

Still waiting for the BFI IMAX to convert to laser.

They're literally in the process of doing that now, and 12 channel audio

It's not out until the end of November but I have a feeling Matilda the Musical might be potentially be as big as Paddington and Paddington 2 although the UK is the only place which will get a cinema release as Sony is the distributor here.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It's not out until the end of November but I have a feeling Matilda the Musical might be potentially be as big as Paddington and Paddington 2 although the UK is the only place which will get a cinema release as Sony is the distributor here.

Not feeling that at all personally, but who knows

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Not a chance that it’ll be as big as Paddington. It’ll probably do alright because the Brits seemingly can’t say no to a bad musical, but I’d be surprised if it broke out to that extent.

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

Not a chance that it’ll be as big as Paddington. It’ll probably do alright because the Brits seemingly can’t say no to a bad musical, but I’d be surprised if it broke out to that extent.

Roald Dahl adaptations tends to do really well, The BFG broke out for example.