Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

27 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Ugh just had my worst audience in years at Smile. London is such a coin flip as to whether people are going to piss you off throughout the movie. 

I normally avoid horror films because the audiences can be terrible. 

10 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Ugh just had my worst audience in years at Smile. London is such a coin flip as to whether people are going to piss you off throughout the movie. 

Same, group of teens that laughed and giggled the whole way through. Early morning shows are the only way to go for horror if you don't want to be surrounded by morons. Worst genre by far for audiences.

On 10/12/2022 at 9:52 PM, SchumacherFTW said:

I hate horror audiences. Absolutely hate. In general I hate packed shows.

3 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Packed shows are fine generally. Horror ones as well. I think I hit a trifecta of shit though. Horror Movie, in Central London on a discount day. Can't get much worse

I made that mistake with Us as the Odeon Leicester Square back in 2019. People loudly chatting, answering their phones, checking Facebook every 5 seconds, kicking the seats in front of them (an achievement for them given the leg room…). Worst cinema experience I’ve ever had. Then a month later I saw Avengers Endgame in the same screen/same seats and it was the polar opposite experience.

53 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I made that mistake with Us as the Odeon Leicester Square back in 2019. People loudly chatting, answering their phones, checking Facebook every 5 seconds, kicking the seats in front of them (an achievement for them given the leg room…). Worst cinema experience I’ve ever had. Then a month later I saw Avengers Endgame in the same screen/same seats and it was the polar opposite experience.

You've randomly made me think, are those seats on the balcony of Leicester Square Odeon any good these days, don't mean the circle, the ones behind it haha. I'm always in the stalls now for the recliners

54 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You've randomly made me think, are those seats on the balcony of Leicester Square Odeon any good these days, don't mean the circle, the ones behind it haha. I'm always in the stalls now for the recliners

I went on the standard seats once for the LFF showing of A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood as that’s all that was available, they’re comfortable enough but I wouldn’t recommend them, the screen feels like it’s a mile away and you get less of an effect from the Dolby Atmos. The recliners at the front of the balcony are good though, especially if you treat yourself to the “Royal Box”. They were a BIT expensive though last time I went back in 2019, I think Endgame cost me about £40 a ticket!

Halloween Ends seems busier around me than Kills did just based on a quick glance around my local cinemas. It helps that it hasn’t been bullied out of the big auditoriums by Venom 2 like last year. Although the Cineworld doesn’t seem to have a standard showing after the 19:10 screening until the 22:00 screening. Every showing between those is a premium format (IMAX, 4DX, VIP), so looks like they’re trying to force people to pay for the higher ticket prices at the peak times.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Halloween Ends seems busier around me than Kills did just based on a quick glance around my local cinemas. It helps that it hasn’t been bullied out of the big auditoriums by Venom 2 like last year. Although the Cineworld doesn’t seem to have a standard showing after the 19:10 screening until the 22:00 screening. Every showing between those is a premium format (IMAX, 4DX, VIP), so looks like they’re trying to force people to pay for the higher ticket prices at the peak times.

Same here with the showings, but it wasn’t busier than Kills. There was a staff member in a Myers mask though and the staff had Halloween Ends T-shirts on, so that was a nice touch. 

I wasn’t big on the film though. Don’t know what they were thinking with most of it. 

$2.4m for Halloween Ends apparently.

£2.1m

Halloween 2018 £2,660,000

Halloween Kills £1,598,000

So down -20% on the 2018 film and up +35% on Kills. 

That’s decent. If it’s #1, it’ll be the first of the trilogy to open there. 

edit: I forgot Lyle Lyle Crocodile had all of Saturday and Sunday last week so that’ll be included in its £3m. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

Halloween Ends £2.1m

Lyle Lyle Crocodile £1.7m £2.8m

Smile up to £7.4m

Don’t Worry Darling and Ticket To Paradise round out the top 5 up to £9.4m and £7.8m. 

Smile will pass Scream then Nope this week. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

Film Distributor Weeks on release Weekend Total Total Box Office
1 Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile Sony Pictures 1 £2,783,562 £2,783,562
2 Halloween Ends Universal Pictures 1 £2,110,010 £2,110,010
3 Smile Paramount 3 £1,420,692 £7,220,529
4 Ticket To Paradise Universal Pictures 5 £617,041 £7,796,100
5 Don’t Worry Darling Warner Bros. 4 £610,841 £9,353,046
6 The Woman King Entertainment One UK 2 £609,914 £2,393,483
7 Mrs. Harris Goes To Paris Universal Pictures 3 £386,703 £3,249,061
8 Amsterdam Walt Disney 2 £327,943 £1,310,676
9 The Legend Of Maula Jatt Moviegoers Entertainment 1 £315,219 £315,219