Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

25 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It'll be interesting if it cracks £1m, losing over 100 screens means it's not going to open as well as Django. 

The Revenant has been promoted really heavily, I would not be surprised if this is number 1 next week

£1m? It'll probably do close to that today, all cinemas around my area look busy tonight.

Edited by Heretic

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is officially the biggest film of all time in the UK, overhauling Skyfall's £103.2m in its 23rd day in play.

Those 23 days include Christmas Day when the majority of cinemas were closed. Astonishing run.

Edited by terrestrial

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is officially the biggest film of all time in the UK, overhauling Skyfall's £103.2m in its 23rd day in play.

Those 23 days include Christmas Day when the majority of cinemas were closed. Astonishing run.

Yes, we knew it was going to happen, But as i'am a big Bond fan, there is no need to rub it in sunshine. ;)

Anyway Bond at no2 and no3 in the UK all-time (non-adjusted) list is bloody good.

Edited by mepal1

3 minutes ago, mepal1 said:

Yes, we knew it was going to happen, But as i'am a big Bond fan, there is no need to rub it in sunshine. ;)

Anyway Bond at no2 and no3 in the UK all-time (non-adjusted) list is bloody good.

I do not rub it in

When I have the time to be at BOT (I work in projects and ....), I am posting all, what gets tweeted by certain tweet accounts and is BO related in the matching threads, means in this UK thread I post Ian Sandwell's, who works for Screen Daily / Screen International and does a lot of their UK articles, tweets something like changes in business volume, I'll post it.

Or if he tweets about how H8 will not be shown everywhere, I'll post it.

I will not post his tweets about certain sports events, him driving in the metro or his thoughts about a TV play,... also not about certain festivals, if I do not understand / know what it is about / it's importance.

Sometimes I only post certain details at dom, when I see ppl who usually do those here are online too

Btw, I even post about movies I do not like, and give likes about budget, BO,... about any movie ( or movie business of any countries), including those movies I do not like, see my signature. I am not here at BOT for franchise fan reasons, see text above my Avatar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I do not rub it in

When I have the time to be at BOT (I work in projects and ....), I am posting all, what gets tweeted by certain tweet accounts and is BO related in the matching threads, means in this UK thread I post Ian Sandwell's, who works for Screen Daily / Screen International and does a lot of their UK articles, tweets something like changes in business volume, I'll post it.

Or if he tweets about how H8 will not be shown everywhere, I'll post it.

I will not post his tweets about certain sports events, him driving in the metro or his thoughts about a TV play,... also not about certain festivals, if I do not understand / know what it is about / it's importance.

Sometimes I only post certain details at dom, when I see ppl who usually do those here are online too

Btw, I even post about movies I do not like, and give likes about budget, BO,... about any movie ( or movie business of any countries), including those movies I do not like, see my signature. I am not here at BOT for franchise fan reasons, see text above my Avatar.

I was actually only joking!..... ;)

• Like 1

At my cinema H84l8 is doing phenomenally... opening weekend looking like an equivalent of a $50M US opening (for my cinema, to clarify, not representative of the country as a whole due to boycott). Dat picturehouse money

Edited by In the Heart of the Tree

£5-5.5m for SW seems likely which is still great. It'll be dethroned next week by The Revenant but I think it'll prevent Creed from getting the number 2 spot. I wonder if The Revenant can match Wolf of Wall Street's OW of £4.6m, I think it'll be close 

Edited by Jonwo

3 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Sat SW £2.4 H8 £1.2, clearly stupid, idiotic CW is a loser in this, H8 is doing well and will come close £10m without CW.

If Star Wars wasn't pulling this kind of money I'd probably agree with you, but I doubt their share would have amounted to more than £2m after counting the cut the distributor takes. They must have thought they'd be able to survive without while showing they aren't a pushover to the distributor. 

• Like 1

Very nice Saturday bumps. H8 will do close to £3m, which is great for an 18 rated film. 

SW is heading for around £125m it seems, or somewhere in the $180-185m range. 

The Revenant could open close to £5m I think. And Creed will open well too. 

January looking strong. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, there's a British website I contribute articles to from time to time called Top ten Films.  

Here's a top ten piece on most iconic SW moments......it's spoiler heavy so be warned, but have a look and support your local web community.

http://www.top10films.co.uk/archives/33061

• Like 3