Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

BFI IMAX dominates again but Vue Westfield London to have 2 and 3 is impressive, Vue Westfield SC also has two entries. Surprising Cineworld LS' top entry wasn't Doctor Strange but I guess it's been out a while. 

when films play both CW & Odeon LSQ its just spliting (WE 50/50 split) the two locations combined with DS would rank it #3

• Like 1

I never realised the two Harry Potter films had weekend previews, wonder why they stopped doing it from the fourth film onwards?

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

I wonder if OLS will top the market with Fantastic Beasts this weekend, or if BFI or Westfield London take it. 

I imagine BFI IMAX will be number 1, Cineworld LS is playing it so OLS won't be number 1 but i imagine combined they would be. 

16 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I wonder if OLS will top the market with Fantastic Beasts this weekend, or if BFI or Westfield London take it. 

HP DH2, run of season OLS #1 (No splitting CW LS back then) close 2nd Southbank

but OWE OLS #1 with a bullet and was over 3 times Southbank WE total

TFA

OWE  played both OLS & CWLS OLS by itself was #1 easily and combined with CWLS a powerhouse

for run of season Imax southbank #1, OLS #4(also shorter run) but OLS & CWLS combined #1(just 5% higher than Southbank)

Edited by Doctor Rth
  • Like 2

Starting to see quite a few sell-outs now. Shows tonight are looking very busy everywhere I've checked. Odeon Tottenham Court Road has sold out all shows apart from the ones after 11pm, and even one of them is almost full.

Odeon Leicester Square is going to come very close to selling out tonight too, Only side and back seats available. BFI IMAX is sold out all weekend, but that's not surprising. 

My two local Odeons have sold out in IMAX tonight and the 2D shows this evening are close to full.

Hoping the rest of the country is looking as strong as London is. Glasgow Cineworld has sold out 6 shows over the weekend so far, so it's looking good.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Heretic said:

Odeon Leicester Square's 8pm show tonight is about 2/3 sold out. That's the 1,700 seat auditorium. Pretty good. 

Hoping for an OD of at least £3m, which would be about half of DH1's £6.2m. 

OLS big combined with CSLS huge

Be careful what you hope for :P

• Like 2