Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

7 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Fucking huge. I'm still shocked it's opened this high. 

It's alread in the FB intl. thread, but just in case (as you seem to be very much interested)

FANTASTIC BEASTS int'l: UK ($18M) KOR ($14M) GER ($9.9M) RUS ($9.8M) FRA ($9.7M) OZ ($7.3M) ITA ($6.6M) BRZ ($6.4M) MEX ($5.8M) ESP ($4.5M)

• Like 2

The ER state is a bit of a shame, but I only really look at the £ gross when it comes to performance over here. 

I know the Americans just see our grosses in $ and in their eyes it's a good but not great opening, but really it's a phenomenal start. 

Edited by wildphantom

43 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

But they are not competition with each other. kids film vs mature adult drama. that's a bad hold, sorry.

Its drop was from a 4 day opening, so it's technically much less than 45%. 

Plus it would have been turfed out of most of the bigger screens for the Rowling behemoth. 

It certainly isn't bad by any means. 

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Its drop was from a 4 day opening, so it's technically much less than 45%. 

Plus it would have been turfed out of most of the bigger screens for the Rowling behemoth. 

It certainly isn't bad by any means. 

Screen size doesn't affect box office unless something is a sellout.

I didn't realise Arrival opened on Thursday, that explains a lot :) thanks.

55 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

But they are not competition with each other. kids film vs mature adult drama. that's a bad hold, sorry.

Lol kids film. And in America, less than 20% of the audience was under 18. I'm sure it was a similar trend here. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

Just now, Treecraft said:

What? Harry Potter is a children's book series, it has matured a little sure but fundamentally it appeals to all ages including families.

Yes, but a lot of its audience is also adults, actually probably the majority now. It's a 4 quad film, it's audience definitely overlapped with Arrival. Hence why I'm saying that a sub 50% drop is actually good. 

• Like 2