cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

TV is still Disney's biggest % of operating income & revenue - just over Parks & Products - then comes Studio Entertainment -  then Direct (Hulu, ESPN+ etc)

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/the-walt-disney-company-reports-third-quarter-and-nine-months-earnings-for-fiscal-2019/

Wonder how this will look after Disney + in a year or two

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@DAR

What do you make of the argument that Zootopia doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom because the animals are too human?

I mean they did put Pandora in Animal Kingdom, which seems even more unfitting to me.

One of DAK's central themes has always been the relationship between man and animals, and Avatar fits this mold by exploring the symbiotic relationship between the Navi and the organisms on Pandora (specifically the banshees). 

Edited by KP1025

22 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@DAR

What do you make of the argument that Zootopia doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom because the animals are too human?

I mean they did put Pandora in Animal Kingdom, which seems even more unfitting to me.

It’s fine

40 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TV is still Disney's biggest % of operating income & revenue - just over Parks & Products - then comes Studio Entertainment -  then Direct (Hulu, ESPN+ etc)

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/the-walt-disney-company-reports-third-quarter-and-nine-months-earnings-for-fiscal-2019/

Wonder how this will look after Disney + in a year or two

And it all started with a mouse (or rabbit).

The Parks stuff is nothing you can't figure out by watching Disney Food Blog or The Dis Unplugged, or reading reddit threads but "Hey, let's interview people who run our morning show for our documentary"...eh. Really hits home how big Disney is.

Are they going to interview the theater chains they make deals with too.