cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’ve never even heard of Moon Night. 

For anyone willing to spare five to ten minutes for a quick read, here are a couple of pages from Warren Ellis' fantastic run on Moon Knight:

Spoiler

RCO005.jpg

RCO006.jpg

RCO007.jpg

RCO008.jpg

RCO009.jpg

RCO010.jpg

RCO011.jpg

RCO012.jpg

RCO013.jpg

RCO014.jpg

RCO015.jpg

RCO016.jpg

RCO017.jpg

RCO018.jpg

RCO019.jpg

From Moon Knight (2014) #5. Written by Warren Ellis. Art by Declan Shalvey. 

• Thanks 1

Our new router is bad in different ways, so we have to pick a better one.

In spring/summer the Disney+ thing will be here too, that got me thinking:

If 3 people want to watch different 4k streams at once, what kind of speed / tech. details should I look out for? (we will change the provider's speed offers accordingly)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

He cool. Ms Marvel and She-Hulk are not. The trick with SH is for audience to want to have the power. Nobody wants to have Hulking power or Ms Marvel's body part growing/shrinking/whatever power. It's gross. That's why Hulk works better as a comic sidekick than a lead. The fact that they tried to make serious Hulk movies made it even worse. He's a goofy looking green blob, he's never going to be accepted as a serious take on dual personality or whatever. That simply isn't a 200M budget movie lead material and neither are She-Hulk and Ms Marvel. The latter not only has similar name as Captain Marvel but, as I already said, really ridiculous, cringe powers. People want powers that are sexy - flight, cool armor, energy blasts, strength, cool weapon, that sort of thing. Ant Man movies will never do as well as other MCU because shrinking isn't sexy. It's cute and goofy enough for kids to laugh but that's the problem. They all laugh at it. Hulking isn't sexy cause Hulk looks funny even with hulking penis jokes you just can't get over the goofy look. Ms Marvel's hand grows, ugh, that's ugly. And her costume is designed not to make her attractive cause of her religion that majority of SH audience doesn't belong to and doesn't relate to demand that she wears baggy suit. Who wants a baggy suit? So why are fans of this character pretending that she has global appeal when she really doesn't. She's a niche character created for specific culture in mind that can relate to her problems which are foreign to everyone else. Therefore you don't invest 200M in Little Mosque on a Prairie movie, you put that story on TV where its audience is. Nothing wrong with that. 

You continuously top yourself on posting dumb shit. "Little Mosque on the Prairie", really? So a character being Muslim makes them completely un-relatable to modern audiences? I have to trudge through 17 different Chris' but one superhero who is relatable to a billion people in the population (including me) is a bridge too far?

I'm sure only women saw Captain Marvel too, and only black people saw Black Panther, right? Or does that not fit your fallacy?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Our new router is bad in different ways, so we have to pick a better one.

In spring/summer the Disney+ thing will be here too, that got me thinking:

If 3 people want to watch different 4k streams at once, what kind of speed / tech. details should I look out for? (we will change the provider's speed offers accordingly)

If you do 3 4k streams at once you better make sure you don't have data caps

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ithil said:

There's been good movies with Batman in it, but not a lot of good Batman movies.

Batman is at once the silly caped crusader who runs along a villain's giant typewriter and the dark knight who solves grisly murders with his intellect. They're all Batman movies; we just have our preferences.

The idea that a movie needs to centre entirely around Batman is silly because the mythos are so much more than that (also because Batman Begins exists).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ddddeeee said:

The idea that a movie needs to centre entirely around Batman is silly because the mythos are so much more than that (also because Batman Begins exists).

The Matt Reeves film is apparently all told from his PoV, so I don't know if that counts? I know it's gonna be a villain-palooza though

I'm disappointed I missed some of the streaming debates from earlier (damn you sleep!), but I guess the one thing that does make me concerned about Disney+ is the potential churn factor. I'm hyped for a couple shows, but most of the originals don't scream must-sees, and I feel like after I marathon through all the Pixar and Star Wars stuff, and watch some childhood classics enough times, I'll just get bored. But then again, there's still the Fox content to come after their HBO deal wraps up, as well as the other Marvel stuff still going through other licensing rights, and Hulu is included in a bundle, so I guess I'm complaining over nothing.

Should still be more successful than what Apple is doing. They're asking $10 a month for nothing but original content that may or may not be good, while Disney+ is offering $7 a month for all the Pixar movies, every Simpsons episode, all the Star Wars movies, and all the Disney Channel movies. Even if all the originals suck, you've got enough quality content to work with.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So, we won't be hearing anything until after the panel is over and have an info dump then?

I believe those statements have been said before, and we still got a couple live blogs and live tweets, so we should still get at least one or two journos giving us information

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric! said:

I believe those statements have been said before, and we still got a couple live blogs and live tweets, so we should still get at least one or two journos giving us information

Plus I imagine the professional photographers there will be uploading the pics as they happen.