cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

There is so much good about Disney+.  The trailer alone made me cry, but the Star Wars, marvel, phinneas and Ferb and HSM have me chomping at the bit.  Just think, we get Disney+ on 11/12 and TROS on 12/14 or so.  No streaming at work so I will be busy watching the plus while at home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Apple TV is spending $6 Billion on original content it's first year and that's a drop in the bucket to the mountain of cash they're sitting on.  They can well afford to play the long game.

True than can, but will they? They're spending absurd amounts of money on shows that few people want. How long will investors tolerate a segment that burns billions of dollars?

43 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Disney+ or AppleTV+ in November. 

Decisions, decisions. 

HBO max.Disneyc seems to be too reliant on certain IPs.They have like...what?10 Marvel shows?5 Star Wars shows?And how many originals?2?Maybe 3?I mean thank god for Hulu.

Most i importantly,The Nolan films, old and new, will be there....

Something that I will really appreciate in the streaming service that I choose is to give me content across all genres and with variety.So far Disney productions seem to be, while interesting, but quite limited to their usual fair.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Free 4K?  Damn, they really DO want to kick Netflix in the nuts, don’t they? :lol:

(I don’t think Netflix is doomed, not by a long shot, but this is a serious shot across their bow, and very probably a huge wake-up call)

18 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

HBO max.Disneyc seems to be too reliant on certain IPs.They have like...what?10 Marvel shows?5 Star Wars shows?And how many originals?2?Maybe 3?I mean thank god for Hulu.

Most i importantly,The Nolan films, old and new, will be there....

Something that I will really appreciate in the streaming service that I choose is to give me content across all genres and with variety.So far Disney productions seem to be, while interesting, but quite limited to their usual fair.

Yeh as an adult, with no kids. Little on Disney+ strikes me as interesting. Although I don’t know if we’ll get HBO Max here in the UK. 

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Free 4K?  Damn, they really DO want to kick Netflix in the nuts, don’t they? :lol:

(I don’t think Netflix is doomed, not by a long shot, but this is a serious shot across their bow, and very probably a huge wake-up call)

Yeh I don’t think I pay extra for the 4K Netflix here in the UK. Maybe a US thing. 

25 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Is that good or bad?  Don’t have a frame of reference, I’m afraid.  :)

Very good. The plan is to continue Hotstar premium subscription to Disney +

Netflix has currently started "mobile only" plan for $2.75 a month. That's the cheapest Netflix plan.

Prime is relatively cheaper at same $14 p.a. 

In India ATP for a movie is $3 approx. So it's like 4.5 movies an year cost.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That recent price jump just for HD, still pisses me off.  If I keep Netflix I'll probably downgrade to SD for $8.99m but even that is looking iffy if I have Hulu + Disney + ESPN + for $12.99 at 4k which is what I'm paying for Netflix alone now at HD.

• Like 1