Eric Atreides

Raya and the Last Dragon | March 5, 2021 | Premier Access/Theater simultaneous release

Everything about this seems absolutely incredible

Based on reactions from today, it seems like Disney have 3 big animated movies next year with this, Onward and Soul

And i'm so happy all of them are original and different from each other, hope they're all succeed [and i believe they will].

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Substandard Towels said:

I was really hoping they would announce the next 2 features since we already knew movie 59 was about Dragons, but it looks better than I ever expected and I love the beautiful Sisu.

Whatever happened to "Space Race with Teenagers", anyone remember that? Or did that die alongside "King of the Elves" and "Gigantic".

8 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

This one is coming for the worldwide crown next year, I can feel it. 

I'm thinking at least Kung Fu Panda 3 numbers in China (>$150 million). HTTYD was a Western take on dragon mythology whereas this looks very Asian inspired.

• Like 1

Dean Wellins the co-director has proven himself to be a really talented storyboard artist with him storyboarding the “let it go” sequence from “Frozen” , baymax and hiro’s first flight scene in “Big Hero 6”and countless other iconic Disney moments with that in mind this can be a really exiting film.

Edited by Melosh
  • Like 1

Not to mention Paul Briggs the other talented co-director who originally was an animation effects artist, but with his passionate and keen sense of storytelling,he moved up into the story ranks proving to be a vital talent for the Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Edited by Melosh
  • Like 1