Eric Duncan

Raya and the Last Dragon | March 5, 2021 | Premier Access/Theater simultaneous release

I'm so in. Hopefully it ends up getting released theatrically but whatever platform it premieres on I'll be there opening day.

The vibes I'm getting from this visually and tonally are similar to those of a PS5 game due to come out around the same time (Spring 2021) called Kena: Bridge of Spirits

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cookie said:

I mean that's kind of hard to tell from a trailer that only gives the vague outlines of the plot and one of its central characters only appearing as a silhouette with no dialogue. Half the trailer looks like the first five minutes of the film.

Trailer itself is solid enough.

Yeah let's be honest;

Spoiler

That opening is clearly Raya and her father training with her as a child. Not the antagonist.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, SLAM! said:

Usually when a trailer like this drops, there'd be a lot more people in the thread hyping it up. Anyway, I think the film looks excellent, but I'm really hoping it goes more in depth with its story. I'm getting this "we only went surface-level" vibe from the actual storytelling. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Not the movie's fault though, with the crisis of the box office may members went inactive...I myself went MIA for months before coming back (for a while).

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Disney usually has a staggered release for their animated films to try to take advantage of school holidays so they may be more flexible with the March release with certain territories getting it before others. 

The good old Boxing Day release in Australia and NZ 😂 I hate it having to wait a month or more sucks, hopefully they start day and dating international theatrical release more of their animated films. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jamiem said:

The good old Boxing Day release in Australia and NZ 😂 I hate it having to wait a month or more sucks, hopefully they start day and dating international theatrical release more of their animated films. 

I reckon every animated film thread that was released in Thanksgiving since I joined BOT has me complaining about the delay to Boxing Day.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Yes, it's now certain: it'll be my first movie in a theater since the release of Frozen 2! It's been awhile and I wanted it on Disney+ instead but still.

You'll probably get your wish. I doubt theaters will be open in March. It will likely go to streaming in the US.

Edited by Maggie