Succession (HBO)

Over the past 3 weeks I binged this show and caught up before S02E09 aired. I was in love with it prior to last night's episode, but 'This is Not for Tears' cemented Succession as one of my favorite current TV shows, and specifically Kendall Roy as one of my favorite TV characters. While there is much debate right now over which property will succeed Game of Thrones as the hottest fantasy television program, this has taken the baton from that juggernaut in delivering great political intrigue and captivating family drama. Season 3 can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 5:28 AM, filmlover said:

If there was any justice in the world this would easily win SAG Ensemble but alas it won't even get nominated.

You never know. Feels like one of those shows where the reputation in the industry really picked up for the second season. I bet season 2 gets a bunch more Emmy nominations. Ridiculous that none of the actors got nominated for season 1 but a few of them probably will this time.

Yeah, how much longer can this realistically go on until it becomes stale? I'm all in favor of shows bowing out when they feel the time is right instead of overstaying their welcome, though recent trends seem to show how difficult it is for a series to last more than 4-5 seasons these days.